Call of Duty: Black Ops, first impressions... - Page 14 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-19-10, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFatty View Post
This made me laugh because I use the skorpion exclusively. With the double fire rate attachment and increased hip fire accuracy perk i can kill people easily and quickly without using the sights, even at medium range.
Yeah, I've heard it was a decent SMG in the core/hardcore modes of Black Ops. It's just a serious PoS in reality. Whenever it pops up in Gun Game I usually breeze right past it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-19-10, 05:56 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
The AK74su
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROT View Post
I use the AK74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
As far as the AK74su
thats something too, whats with all the 74's?, it wasn't invented till 1974, and the games in 1968 latest.

post #133 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-19-10, 10:06 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

COD is overrated. I frankly have not been impressed with any since COD4.

Although I have a different choice in games. I prefer racing/music games. More fun trying to play Motorstorm or Rockband when drunk!

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #134 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-19-10, 11:22 PM
ROT

ROT's Flag is: Djibouti

Location: Essex, that shit hole you drive through to get to london.

Just finished campaign, was pretty good finish, I liked the twist. Back to multiplayer now.

The guy who wishes he never sold all his warhammer. Haha. Such is life.
post #135 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-20-10, 12:20 AM

TheAllFather's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
And the most important thing in a game, the multiplayer, was a huge letdown...

This is incorrect. Multiplayer is an addition to a game, not what makes it up. The Campaign is what makes the game a game. I grow weary of everyone thinking it is Multiplayer that makes a game. The story is the most important part of a game.

"Whether you choose to fight the inevitable...
Is entirely up to you."

"The Great Game has seen incredibly unusual, meaningless and powerful alliances, however short or long, between the Gods of Chaos. Most have never before been witnessed by the inhabitants of realspace, others have decimated entire systems as the Daemons of Chaos marched across spacetime. But none have ever been as insidious or as heinous as that between the Dark Prince and the Architect of Fate given form as the Daemon Prince Us'etil'akhed'raan, Saenocroleius, the All-Father."

~Codicium Aeternum on Daemon Prince Us'etil'akhed'raan circa 011.M42
post #136 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-20-10, 01:30 AM

nestersan's Flag is: Jamaica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAllFather View Post
This is incorrect. Multiplayer is an addition to a game, not what makes it up. The Campaign is what makes the game a game. I grow weary of everyone thinking it is Multiplayer that makes a game. The story is the most important part of a game.
The thing is, it really isn't anymore.

98% of the people fly through the SP campaign as a training ground for MP.

I personally play and LOVE the Single player campaign, I am not really a social gamer like that, but I was discussing with my friend that Activiaion spends tens of millions on voice acting, research, cut scene productions, mo-cap, level design, and pretty much only 2% of the Audience actually appreciates it, everyone else is too busy on the MP maps gathering prestige and care packs...

Which is why that blood sucker Kotick wants to charge so much money for the MP portion. I am sure in two years he will want to make COD two diff products.

A single player with one price and the MP with a monthly sub.

'Death is nothing compared to vindication.'

Let them HATE, so long as they fear.
The Imperium is as a gargantuan creature, dying slowly and in great pain, too massive to realise it is as yet a lumbering corpse.
post #137 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-20-10, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAllFather View Post
Not true when it comes to the Call of Duty series. In CoD most players just skip the campaign and go straight online. I dont do that, but I soon grow tired of a game with no multiplayer.

But dont think that I would not love campaigns. When I said that multiplayer is the most important thing in a game, I said it from the point of view from the majority of players. Personally I keep playing through the SW: Battlefront II campaign over and over again. I have two memory cards to my PS2, and the only things saved on them are my Campaigns and profiles...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #138 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-20-10, 07:57 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

The best game series ever is single player only.

That's Legacy of Kain, by the way. Perfect story, perfect voice acting, perfect execution. You can argue against this, but you'll be completely fucking wrong so don't bother.

System Shock 2 and Deus Ex are close behind in their brilliance, and look! Multiplayer in these was an afterthought.

post #139 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-20-10, 12:18 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Single player is always awesome. If written well like the original 3 Ratchet and Clank games then you find little to be bored by.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #140 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-20-10, 09:58 PM

To be fair, what one gets out of a game depends on their tastes. There are those who are in to multiplayer more so than singleplayer, and there are those with the opposite in mind. Even both for some. Reason vary just as much.

When it comes to CoD, I have never felt emersed in the story since the first Modern Warfare title. Therefore, after watching several missions in Black Ops, I never bothered to play it myself and went directly to the unspeakably frustrating multiplayer experience.

And I tested out the G11 and found it to be unsatisfactory. There seems to be a long delay between bursts that has gotten me killed on several occaisions. The M16 seems to be quite superior despite doing a bit less damage, though the G11's power scope options allow it to become an efficient marksman rifle at range.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode