Little Help with Blood Bowl? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-02-10, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Little Help with Blood Bowl?

I confess - I've not played the tabletop version - but I think I have the gist of it. I nderstand where tackle zones are and which manouvers I'm most likely to fail (the ones involving an enemy player).

I cannot for the life of me win against the AI.

I've come to terms with the cheating dice - that's okay.

My problem is simple:

One AI player picks up the ball. Or beats my player to death and then picks up the ball he was holding. All the other AI players immediately form an impregnable testudo around him. Then they all march to the end zone and score while my elves bounce hilariously off of their elbows. Repeat two-to-four times a game.

I tried forming a skirmish line in front of this formation, instead of just attacking it. When I do this, the AI players punch my to the ground and carry on. Unless they are Scaven, Scaven just run around the side of my line.

What am I supposed to do? the AI has a reputation for being terrible, so I know the problem is on my end, but I'm damned if I can figure out how to win.

I've had the same trouble with Lizardmen, with the added frustration of Saurus and Kroxigors being unable to touch the ball.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-06-10, 03:41 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Nice to see that there are other Blood Bowl players out there! I have the Xbox version of the game, and the AI is a good player, but with the right tactics you should be able to pull it of. I usually play with the Dwarfs, and my tactic is to place my toughest guys (Slayers and the big wheel thingie) in the middle, and two guys far behind them, on the spot where the ball is most likely to land. The rest of the Dwarfs just go on a line as far forward as possible. Then I start by ganging up on the AI:s toughest units, using the slayers superior skills to knock anything down. The rest of the line advances, but I usually concentrate my efforts on one flank, and push on that way, knocking out everyone, and the other flank just keeps the enemy reinforcements away from the flank where I am making the push. Then the dwarf with the ball advances on the flank where I am making the charge, and by the time he is there, both slayers have finished the middle and are joining him, so he is basically safe. Then you just have to advance and keep going until the goal line...

Thats my confusing Dwarf "tactica", but I dont know about the Lizardmen, as I have not played as much with them... But still, my dwarf tactic could be tried, and if it works it would be nice to hear how it went... Hope this helped and good luck !

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode