BC2 or COD MW2 ?! - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 09:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Holmstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Black Library
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 1


Default

Captain Galus, you shouldn't assemble opinions about something you haven't had the patience to explore for more than a moment.
Holmstrom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 09:41 PM
Senior Member
 
KhainiteAssassin's Avatar
KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,085
Reputation: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
And also the in game reload speed. You never fire off a full clip either in Real Life, or in CoD, due to the length of time it takes to recock a weapon.

When you're in training, you'll load 30 rounds into a magazine, fire 30 rounds, and be done. You do a tour of duty, and you'll 29 rounds in a magazine, fire 28 rounds, remove magazine, take out fresh magazine, fire 29 rounds, remove magazine, fire 29 rounds etc.

This saves the spring, and also allows you to carry on firing without the need to recock, especially on annoying PoS handles like the SA80A2 if you're left handed.

So, in answer to your 3, I raise you, "you're judging a game you don't even know how it works".

And also to the PC BC2 > PS3/360 BC2 argument, surely the fact that PC MW2 = PS3/360 MW2 shows its much better that you don't need to spend a few hundred extra quid to play a game that's deficient on other variants?
BC2 on the consoles is still > MW2 on the consoles. The fact is, BC2 is best on the PC, MW2 like halo, can be played on the 360 cuz its lone wolf esque I can never die im an ultimate warrior that doesnt exist in real life BS I can take a full clip of bullets to the chest and still just rest for a few moments then be back up to kicking ass. and atleast halo is sci-fi designed to play like that purposely, where in MW 1 and 2 it just is
KhainiteAssassin is offline  
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 09:46 PM
Senior Member
 
5tonsledge's Avatar
5tonsledge's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: You're Mothers House
Posts: 1,093
Reputation: 2


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin View Post
1. Bad company 2, you have the aiming down the sights, wait what?

2. the weapons are more realistic in BC2 then in MW2, BC2 incorperates WEIGHT to the bullets, MW2 doesnt

3. you have never played BC2, and your judgeing a game based on an animation
only with the sniper rifle do you see a real drop with bullets. the rest of the guns can fire one side to another. I know because i was so far from a person with my sniper i had to raise the gun about 10 inches above his head, and about 12 inches to his left to head shot him. my first shot missed and then he started firing his gun at me and killed me because he didnt have to factor in the weight drop.
I play xbox though so i know that the PC MW2 blows. Servers are terrible and what not on PC. But i hate BF just terrible.
5tonsledge is offline  
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 10:08 PM
Senior Member
 
KhainiteAssassin's Avatar
KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,085
Reputation: 1


Default

on BC2, ALL the guns take into account Drop. and you only account for leads (shooting ahead of a running person), there isnt any wind factors (IE no moving left or right) Im assuming if he was actually shooting at you from a distance that you NEEDED to raise your gun atall to hit him back on, he was a soldier. and he was aiming for your head and hitting you in the legs.
KhainiteAssassin is offline  
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 10:43 PM
Senior Member
 
ClassyRaptor's Avatar
ClassyRaptor's Flag is: Australia
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chamber Of Solitude, Aboard The Mortifer Umbra
Posts: 626
Reputation: 1
Default

Dont worry Khanite, they are just pissed cause we got Dune Buggies Mother Fuckers!
ClassyRaptor is offline  
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 10:59 PM
Senior Member
 
KhainiteAssassin's Avatar
KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,085
Reputation: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vali ThunderAxe View Post
Dont worry Khanite, they are just pissed cause we got Dune Buggies Mother Fuckers!
probably more to do with that they cant be one man armies that never die so thats why they dont like BC2. the fact that normal you can actually die to being shot.
KhainiteAssassin is offline  
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-10, 12:30 AM
Pally-HO!!!!
 
Captain Galus's Avatar
Captain Galus's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The 909
Posts: 1,429
Reputation: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
Captain Galus, you shouldn't assemble opinions about something you haven't had the patience to explore for more than a moment.
The great thing about opinions is that I can form them on as much bias and inexperiance as I want.

Besides, I never said I was reviewing the game. I hate Battlefield games because they feel more like an arcade shooter than CoD ever did. Getting shot from across the map with a SCAR is tolerable in MW2 because the maps are so small. Getting shot across the map with a SCAR in BC2 is fucking rediculous.

Also, I know you can aim down the sights in BC2. Having aimed down several different sights in my day, I can say that it just doesn't feel right...like there's a missing point of contact between the weapon and the user. I dunno; it's wierd.

I don't like BC2 because it doesn't feel as visceral as MW 1 or 2. And also, single player is no competition. MW beats the balls out of BC any day.

Captain Galus is offline  
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-10, 12:46 AM
Senior Member
 
KhainiteAssassin's Avatar
KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,085
Reputation: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Galus View Post
The great thing about opinions is that I can form them on as much bias and inexperiance as I want.

Besides, I never said I was reviewing the game. I hate Battlefield games because they feel more like an arcade shooter than CoD ever did. Getting shot from across the map with a SCAR is tolerable in MW2 because the maps are so small. Getting shot across the map with a SCAR in BC2 is fucking rediculous.

Also, I know you can aim down the sights in BC2. Having aimed down several different sights in my day, I can say that it just doesn't feel right...like there's a missing point of contact between the weapon and the user. I dunno; it's wierd.

I don't like BC2 because it doesn't feel as visceral as MW 1 or 2. And also, single player is no competition. MW beats the balls out of BC any day.
SCAR shooting across the map in BC2? Where?!? because it rarely, if ever happens.

your whole thought that MW has better sight animations is flawed, since their animations are almost identical.

MW1 was ok for its time, MW2 is out of date BC2 isnt. BC2 > MW series all together any day. this is coming from someone who has played both sides. play BC2 before you judge it, stop being a narrow minded fool basing likes on a slight variation in Animations.

Edit: as for single player. hands down MW2 DOES have better single player, BC2 wasnt designed to give some insanely good single player, it was designed to give an insane multiplayer, which is where 90% of shooters reside.
KhainiteAssassin is offline  
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-10, 04:49 AM
Porn King!!!
 
The Wraithlord's Avatar
The Wraithlord's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,215
Reputation: 5


Default

Quote:
its lone wolf esque I can never die im an ultimate warrior

I can assure you that, based on my own kill/death ratios, this is not the case. You die fast and often in MW2, especially in Hardcore mode. I have to agree with Gallius, the ironsights 'feel' better in MW2 to me as well. BF2 is a cool game and the multiplayer is cool enough but MW2 is better for me with smaller, more focused maps. And the thing that annoys me the most about BF2 is the fact that I can shoot some asshole in the back with half a clip and not kill him only to have said douchebag turn around and kill me with a small burst. I assumed when I first started playing BF2 that it was because I was a noob but after playing the game for months on end, I am no longer a noob and yet this example still happens repeatedly.

one thing I want is the ability to split my fire everywhere, it makes no sense that a squad of 10 guard or marines or whatever all have to fire at 1 target with everything, is the guy with the lascannon not smart enough to realize maybe he would be better off firing at the massive tank looming overhead instead of the little man no bigger than a squat running at him, or is that far too complex for the 10yr olds?

My Thousand Sons Project Log
My Warriors of Chaos Project Log
My Cryx Project Log
My Necron Project Log
The Wraithlord is offline  
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-10, 05:01 AM
Senior Member
 
KhainiteAssassin's Avatar
KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,085
Reputation: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wraithlord View Post
I can assure you that, based on my own kill/death ratios, this is not the case. You die fast and often in MW2, especially in Hardcore mode. I have to agree with Gallius, the ironsights 'feel' better in MW2 to me as well. BF2 is a cool game and the multiplayer is cool enough but MW2 is better for me with smaller, more focused maps. And the thing that annoys me the most about BF2 is the fact that I can shoot some asshole in the back with half a clip and not kill him only to have said douchebag turn around and kill me with a small burst. I assumed when I first started playing BF2 that it was because I was a noob but after playing the game for months on end, I am no longer a noob and yet this example still happens repeatedly.
Hardcore is beside the question Wraith. of coarse you actually die in Hardcore. I cant play MW 1 or 2 if its not hardcore because a decently skilled player just CAN NOT die in that game, unless its hardcore. Hardcore is a mode i leave out of the picture entirely for the purposes of comparison.

I am assuming on the shooting part, since you said back even, you are aiming for their body and they are turning around and putting a small burst of bullets into your head. remember, people are BULLET PROOF VESTs like real soldiers should, always, and if i remember, most of them are wearing helmets too, but head shots still do more damage even from behind, try aiming higher next time.

As for the ironsights on some BC2 weapons being horrable, I cant argue there, but then I always use a scope from my personal preference of play (m14 with 4x or Gol/magnum sniper with 12x) being ranged marksman.

as something else though, you say you have sprayed half a clip to have someone turn around and headshot you dead. I have seen a full clip sprayed into someone to have them turn around and kill me, multiple times, on MW2 normal, yet aside from recent issues Ive been having with my connection which Im still trying to figure out, I get a TON of kills on BC2 for actually aiming to kill.
KhainiteAssassin is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome