That 3rd person Space Marine computer game. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-10, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

klebold's Flag is: Great Britain

That 3rd person Space Marine computer game.

Saw this trailer the other day about that new game from relic and have been having a ponder about it:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tg...-40-000/704596

I sincerely hope it has coop but i have to say i'm rather looking forward to it regardless.

..Still, bit of a shame it was ultramarines. It might have been funny if it was about a more mental chapter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-10, 03:57 AM
Classs's Flag is: Australia

Happy to say its going to have 4 player coop.
I realy cant wait for this game.
It may even be possible to mod the skins of the pc version
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-10, 04:27 AM

Tzeen Qhayshek's Flag is: USA

They even said that Ultramarines weren't the army, but used as a placeholder while they chose a chapter.

Yeah right.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-10, 04:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Honestly, what does it fucking matter if the Ultramarines are the chapter of choice for this game? What, you expecting a chapter like the Space Wolves? Maybe the Dark Angels, White Scars, Blood Angels, Raven Guard, Salamanders, or Iron Hands? You know it couldn't be the Imperial Fists, people would continue to complain about that and their yellow armour. Maybe one of the later founding chapters? Oh wait, more than half of the chapters of all the foundings are derived from Ultramarines.

Oh and before anyone tries to go on about how one of the other seven first founding chapters would be good (seven plus the Ultramarines and Imperial Fists) lets take a look at something real quick. Dark Angels would force the story to be skewed towards hunting down a member of the fallen or something else; Blood Angels would have the constant undertone of the black rage and red thirst; the Iron Hands would have the hatred of damned near everything flesh rammed down people's throats. Then you have the White Scars, more of a mobile biker force, great for this game; the Raven Guard, a pin point precise group; and the Salamanders with their heavier use for most things flamey and melty.

And the Space Wolves..probably a bit to much character and backstory to them. Might actually take away from the whole superhuman warrior elite wielding the best arms and armour the Imperium of man can muster.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-10, 05:20 AM

Casual_T's Flag is: USA

I agree with Darkreever, I think their choice in Ultramarines was a good one, they are well known and the most promoted army in Warhammer. They have a balance of a lot of character and it's not overwhelming. It helps people who may be vaugely farmiliar with the game identify better since they've seen the Ultramarines if they've ever set foot within a hundred feet of a Games workshop store. Although I hope they clarify that they are not the only chapter ever.

If this game sells well, which it should (its a cross between God of War and Gears of War), it will open the doorway for more games in this format and a bigger foray of the Warhammer 40000 IP in the gaming world. It will also promote the WH40K MMORPG on the way (unannounced release date, expected 2012).

EDIT - spelling

Last edited by Casual_T; 09-20-10 at 05:24 AM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-10, 05:30 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Don't car what chapter it is. Rainbow warriors? Just want to play it.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-10, 07:02 AM

Im hoping they toss in some cool collectors edition stuff, looking forward to this like I did to Dawn of War. +a movie and mmo on the way?! Cant wait.

Vae Victis for the vanquished have no rights!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-10, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

klebold's Flag is: Great Britain

Well it doesn't matter **that much**, and the ultramarines exhibit the stoic piety that they are trying to really hammer in. I just thought thought it'd be kind of neat if it was the Blood Ravens since the fiction that they have carved for themselves is fairly interesting.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-10, 07:23 AM

darknightdrako's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual_T View Post
If this game sells well, which it should (its a cross between God of War and Gears of War)
Cross between God of War and Gears of War? That's sweet. From the earlier trailers I thought it was going to be some sort of rts/rgp style.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-10, 08:54 AM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

'I do not fight for victory... I fight for the survival of Mankind...'

What kind of shit is that! They must really have struggled to find script writers for this project. SMs don't fight for the survival of Mankind, they fight for the destruction of the Enemy.

This game is going to be really bad if this video is anything to go by.

All that is important is known.
Praxis

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode