Is DoW II Good? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-10, 07:18 AM

Darkblade's Flag is: Netherlands

Even with listing points, it's still capture the flag, there are just about 10 flags then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobss, the troll that can't be pitchforked
Wanna know why I didn't '*** off'? Because I didn't get banned. Wanna know why I didn't get banned? 'Cause I'm **** awesome.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade and Grish, long time ago on a old chat
<Darkblade> first thing people do is sniffing the new book like a addict sniffs a new line
*Grish stops smelling his new BRB
<Grish> <_<
<Grish> >_>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-10, 07:02 PM

El Mariachi's Flag is: England

Yeah it's not bad, I've only got the vanilla game because whilst I really enjoyed the single player, the multi player matches I found were really quite dull and didn't feel like 40k at all. Really disappointing after DOW! However, if you're being offered the game and chaos rising for a tenner, by all means get it. It's worth that and the one player, whilst repetitive at times is quite good fun.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-10, 08:27 AM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Compared to DOW, DOW II is a steaming turd. But it's not bad, per se.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-10, 04:22 PM

Professor Pumpkin's Flag is: England

DoW 2 is good if you're looking to really take control of the characters and use it as a sort of RPG. But I hate it. Dawn of War 1 was far better in my opinion, as it was an RTS game, and not some bullshit one like DoW 2.

EDIT: It also has a far larger download time than DoW1 expansions. I uninstalled it in a memory rage, and I'm re-installing it right now. Currently 30 mins to go, so I'm pretty close.

Story I'm Currently Writing:

The Diary of a Guardsman (Continuous Story)

Last edited by Professor Pumpkin; 11-02-10 at 04:28 PM.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-10, 09:05 PM

Kobrakai's Flag is: United Kingdom

I thoroughly enjoyed DoW2 and the chaos rising expansion, I'd recommend getting them for sure, and for the fact your getting them at a cut price, it sounds like a brucey bonus.

I think you will enjoy them!
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-10, 10:48 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

just pay someone 10 to punch you in the nuts for 8 hours, you will have more fun that way

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-03-10, 04:02 PM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

The single player in chaos rising needed to let you play even after completing it.

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 06:28 AM

Citrovc4's Flag is: Australia

Default It Depends

It depends on what genres of games you like, if you like RTS and RPG games then you will enjoy this due to the fact that it is a fusion of the two genres (which could have been done better in my opinion but that creates a biased argument).

However if you don't enjoy RPG's or only like the base building aspect of RTS games then you will be dissapointed. However as previously mentioned $10 for the game and expansion aint half bad.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 03:14 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Compared to first one, DOW 2 is just bad. Small maps, small number of units, unresponsive units, stupid special powers i mean theres almost nothing good on this game. They tried to make it mix of DOW and Company of heroes but they totally botched it. Seems they were aiming to make game more e-sports friendly, which they also failed. They took out base building which i understand, but then again some Heros can build turrets and there are Power generators that can be build. Looks like they couldnt even decide what to leave out.

DOW, especially Dark Crusade was really good but Company of Heroes is best game from THQ anyway. Even when im WH40K fan, COH shines.

I was hoping too that destroyable terrain would have been bigger factor as in COH, but theres not even much buildings to go inside. Also tanks on DOW 2 seem more like afterthought, they should have looked more to COH and how they made tankwarfare. And those 4 special power that each commander has that you buy with requisition. Totally unimaginative. Some dont make since not at all and no balance whatsoever. I wont be buying anymore DOW 2 games, never after this turdpile they released. Too much eye candy, not enough gameplay.

Still waiting for some kind of realism mod for this game, where marines are against numerous enemies.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 03:25 PM

rawrgh's Flag is: Wales

Its a really good game but be careful its games for windows live so if your friend has registered it to his account then you may not be able too (Not sure if its just multiplayer that needs it or single player too)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode