Halo 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-10, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Halo 4

Apparantely the story of Master Chief is not over yet. 343 Studios have confirmed they are working on a sequel to Halo 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank O'Connor 343 Studios
Frank O'Connor, Franchise Development Director of 343 Industries(formerly of Bungie) confirmed a Sequel to Halo 3 at IGN saying "we certainly haven't seen the last of Master Chief"

Rumours of 343 working on a Sequel to Halo 3 surfaced after Paul Ehreth revealed on his LinkedIn profile that 343, the studio now solely focusing on the Halo franchise, was working on a brand new IP. Since then the designer has removed all mention of 343 for the time being.

As Halo 3 came to a close we saw Master Chief and Cortana on one half of a ship which split in two, going into Cryosleep the protagonist told his trusty holographic side-kick to “Wake me when you need me” before the ship was shown drifting off towards a planet.

O’Connor confirmed that Chief and Cortana are now circling the planet with a rescue beacon being sent out and that the future game would focus on the end of this story.
Sounds good to me. Ill definitely be getting this.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-10, 09:06 AM

Until they can prove otherwise as far as I'm concerned, Halo will die after Halo: Reach.

Halo: Wars was fun for a short while, but I think 343 Industries is just Microsoft's bid to squeeze more money out of the franchise. The studio is definitely capable of producing some excellent work, but I doubt it will be on par with what we've come to expect from Bungies magical touch. Though it is worth noting that a handful of Bungie employees moved over to 343 upon the completion of Halo: Reach to lend their expertise to the franchise as it develops.

343 has only proven to rape canon, to me. Thus I will expect the worst and passively hope for the best. As I've said before, I'm more of a fan of Bungie than Halo. We'll see what happens.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-10, 01:06 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

... [Facepalm]... Well... It is Microsoft that has their hand in everything, so this was to be expected... But please, put a lot of time in it, concentrate on Reach you money eating fools... Damn...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-10, 01:22 PM

foulacy's Flag is: England

Location: Middlesbrough, Teeside, Cleveland, England, Europe, Earth

Halo has gotten worse and worse, I only played it for the multiplayer online. Halo CE was the best first person shooter multiplayer ever. Halo 2 was slightly worse, Halo 3 was terrible and Halo Reach, well, that has yet to be decided.

I'm a massive Halo fanboy and even though I didn;t really like Halo 3 I still played thousands of games getting my 5 star general on it. I just hope they don't ruin Reach.

"Look upon me and know that i can slay you at will, you have no defense save one: to look into the darkness at the back of your mind. There you will find Father Nurgle waiting to offer you life in return of your submission. Deny him and you are mine."
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-10, 05:34 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by foulacy View Post
Halo has gotten worse and worse, I only played it for the multiplayer online. Halo CE was the best first person shooter multiplayer ever. Halo 2 was slightly worse, Halo 3 was terrible and Halo Reach, well, that has yet to be decided.

I'm a massive Halo fanboy and even though I didn;t really like Halo 3 I still played thousands of games getting my 5 star general on it. I just hope they don't ruin Reach.
I must say that I am on the opposite side of the table concerning that! The games have only gotten better and better for each new one released! I have probably finished Halo 3s campaign around 20 times (Cause I only recently got XBL ), and when I picked up ODST, I did only see positive changes... And Reach? Its going to be kick-ass!

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-10, 03:48 AM

toalewa850's Flag is: Canada

I really like the Halo games made by Bungie but I don't think 343 studios are going to fill Bungie's shoes.

Guess what! YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-10, 02:44 PM

WarMaster Sindr's Flag is: USA

Location: Diagnolly horizontal to the left/right of your adjacent positio

Quote:
Originally Posted by foulacy View Post

Im the Same here but. Have any of you Beaten Halo 3 on Legendary with every single skull it unlocks yes it does a extened ending suprised The First shows the Take off arbitar in cocpit and chief in back then beat in on hard or legendary it shows him climb into a Cryo tube/ beat it on Legendary skulls you see ship Chiefs part of the ship emerge form the jump and drift towards a planet hit the planet and go ....... BOOM. plus if Chief survives whos their to fight i mean the covent is all but destoryed and the Elites are like fuck you guys we going home and flood extinct and humans can spread again so what are we going to do.

And i thought i saw a thing that after Reach their done with the Halo Franchise

I Vote Bring Back the Rainbow Warriors

Okay have a nice day and hit me up for Kf anytime okay btw if you dont know what kf is it's KillingFloor

“Do not ask which creature screams in the night. Do not question who waits for you in the shadow. It is my cry that wakes you in the night, and my body that crouches in the shadow. I am Tzeentch and you are the puppet that dances to my tune...”

- The Book of Tzeentch - Codex: Chaos Space Marines
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-10, 08:15 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by toalewa850 View Post
I really like the Halo games made by Bungie but I don't think 343 studios are going to fill Bungie's shoes.
343 studios have taken lots of bungie staff over the past few years though, most of the team who worked on the original halo and plenty who were there by the time of halo 3 have jumped ship,
it's really too early to say imo

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-10, 11:41 PM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMaster Sindr View Post
Im the Same here but. Have any of you Beaten Halo 3 on Legendary with every single skull it unlocks yes it does a extened ending suprised The First shows the Take off arbitar in cocpit and chief in back then beat in on hard or legendary it shows him climb into a Cryo tube/ beat it on Legendary skulls you see ship Chiefs part of the ship emerge form the jump and drift towards a planet hit the planet and go ....... BOOM. plus if Chief survives whos their to fight i mean the covent is all but destoryed and the Elites are like fuck you guys we going home and flood extinct and humans can spread again so what are we going to do.

And i thought i saw a thing that after Reach their done with the Halo Franchise

Partially correct, the part of the ship with chief on does crash but you don't know if he survives, the area that the arc was situated in is uncharted space. Neither the covenent nor humans have explored it so they could literally start from scratch. Also Bungie said they weren't going to make any more but microsoft said that they had another company going to work on it. I've found that the halo franchise seems to rejuvinate itself with a few of the books to back it up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode