What's the Deal With Cheaters?!? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Osp88's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
Unfortunately, there are many studios out there that don't care about a thing beyond sales. It's a shame to see in the industry. It's all about money these days, not perfecting an entertainment medium in to an art piece.

Now we have 'online passes', overpriced map packs being churned out left and right...but that's another topic for another time, it would seem.
Another good example of shady things studios will pull, is make a great hype about a game with all kinds of t.v. and magazine promotions and then the game ends up blowing! Like two worlds imo. My bro got it when it first came out because it said it was like oblivion on steroids and really it was more like oblivion with down syndrome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 07:18 AM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

hackers and cheaters are a waste of air tbh, same as the few players that health/hit location hack, and its even more anoying when they try and deny it. was playing MW2 last night and a guy was wallhacking all game, he was called out on every kill he made, and claimed he wasnt, he then got the game winning kill, and it showed to everyone (includeing his clan m8s who where defending him) that he was wall hacking. Lag glichs are also a bitch, i lost count of how many kills i lost yesterday due to lag, but then thats down to the crap P2P system used by IW net for MW2.

post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

There should be stronger bans on people. ever vigilant!

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 07:49 AM

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

i think their is a difference between cheating to win and cheating to have fun. friends get together and cheat every once and a while and its just to have a bit of fun hearing people cry and bitch. i have never cheated and the only game i play is MW2, i run around with a light weight marathon and ninja with the spas-12 with FMJ and a M21 ebr. i play hardcore with 10 sensitivity and get accused of cheating all the time because i rape. but yea i hate cheaters, but i have to say i rarely see them on the xbox. every once in a while you see a guy with a aim bot, but they get banned quickly. but yea i hate people who cheat to win. its like they really have nothing better to do then play a game to cheat. its dumb.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonsledge View Post
i think their is a difference between cheating to win and cheating to have fun. friends get together and cheat every once and a while and its just to have a bit of fun hearing people cry and bitch.
That's no excuse. Since when was it okay to act like a douchebag and piss people off? There is no difference between cheating to win and cheating to have fun in a multiplayer community. They both equally ruin the gameplay experience for the victims of such greifers and damages the community itself.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
That's no excuse. Since when was it okay to act like a douchebag and piss people off? There is no difference between cheating to win and cheating to have fun in a multiplayer community. They both equally ruin the gameplay experience for the victims of such greifers and damages the community itself.
Agreed, man.

post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 09:07 AM

Quote:
I agree the people who cheat are fuckers, but hell depending on where they are chatting its fun. i like people who cheat on free for all but do it on game chat. im talking about boosting of course, its fun hunting them down and killing them and hearing them talk shit and interacting with them. but anyone who hacks is a bitch. i hate hackers they can all eat shit and die. i hope they get xbox console banned. by the way i only play MW2 so i don't know how bad cheating is on other games. all i know is Boderlands was the most bad ass game but the multiplayer was ruined because of hackers.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 09:33 AM

Ah, well Modern Warfare 2 is extremely popular so it's pretty much a given that it would have its share of hackers, boosters and what not. I'm a little shocked at how they pretty much ignore the cheaters in that community, though. The last three games I played online frequently was Halo 3, Red Faction 3 and Modern Warfare 2. Cheating was extremely rare in Halo 3, and I have to give them a hand with how multiplayer was handled in this respect as even boosters were easily targeted for bans. The banhammer has no mercy. Though the playlists for H3 are a barren wasteland now. All the max-ranked MLG aspirants have descended upon the social playlists. Not fun to fight 8 Generals when your team is full of random NCO's or less.

Nobody bothered to cheat in RF3 since it wasn't very popular, but MW2 was by far one of the worst games I've played as far as cheating is concerned. It's like every other person wallhacks or aimbots. It was almost as bad as Team Fortress 2 once everyone started to figure out how to hack a new asshole in to the servers. I honestly stopped playing it after a few months out of aggravation. It isn't too bad on the Xbox, but it could be a lot better all the same.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 09:54 AM

i was about to say i rarely run into hackers on Xbox. Boosting is the most common form of cheating on Xbox. But i useuall do so good on free for all that i win before they do. if people hacked well they do a shitty job at it becasue i still win just about every game. i have only ever seen one hacker, he had a deagle and would be aiming completly of the target and would fire the deagle and all of a sudden the gun would just magically hit the target even if he was aiming at the ground or the sky. it would just fly to the taget when he pulled the trigger. it was Hardcore Search so it really pissed me off. I have been suspended from Xbox live becasue of Cheating accusations becasue people dont understand how i rape with the spas-12. its because of the 10 sensititvity, i look like a auto aimer sometimes becasue of how fast i turn and shoot. but yea ive been suspeded for cheating accusations 3 times. all of them on free for all matches.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 10:24 AM

Yeah, I hear you on that one, 5tonsledge. I'm honestly surprised that I've never been banned from Xbox Live for any period of time. My K/D ratio in Halo 3 Social Matchmaking is 2.25 which is certainly above average for those playlists. A friend and I are just Warthog pro's (sounds better than Vehicle Whores ). He takes the wheel and I man the gun. So in retrospect, my K/D is rather average when you take that in to account, but we rape.

One game I took 80 lives by the time it ended. I was blasted with some serious hate mail left and right from the opposing team for a few nights. That was the worst of it, but isolated incidents were quite frequent in our day. The time we survived three consecutive Spartan Laser hits, which is supposed to be an insta-kill weapon to those who don't know, to our vehicles broadside didn't help at all either, but I seriously have no explanation for that. I guess Odin was looking over me that day, or something.

Shit happens. You are correct that it's pretty easy for people to be labled as cheaters.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode