MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-10, 03:07 AM Thread Starter

Default MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries

Not sure if any of you's have heard of this game, but it was released for free (legally) not too long ago.

To those unfamiliar with MechWarrior, it takes place far in to the future where walking tanks have become commonplace on the battlefields of the Galaxy. As corporations and political alliances wage war, legions of mercenaries are just a financial transaction away. This game focuses heavily on the mercenary side of the fights as you command up to 7 other mech pilots in your mercenary company, and work your way to wealth or annihilation.

If merc'ing around isn't your thing or you're looking to score some extra cash, you can also compete in a series of tournaments that pit you solo in various free for all battles against the computer.

There are over a hundred Mechs available for use ranging from 100 ton behemoths to suits of power armor and even infantry. All are customizable. From weapon loudouts, armor distribution, heat efficiency, to paint schemes and ammo reserves.

The release also comes equipped with multiplayer server match making support for those itching for some PvP action.

A joystick is not required to play and you can find it all here. But be warned that it is a hefty 1.7gb download.

Here are some images for those looking for some eye candy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-10, 04:40 AM

Tolisk's Flag is: USA

I has mech warrior 2, lone wolf! I like the look of this and am excitted to play, if i had better internet, lol.

But i like the idea of customization

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-10, 06:54 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

You bastard! I'd just managed to get off of my MW4 addiction.

Ah well, time to dig out the joystick again, I guess.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-10, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
You bastard! I'd just managed to get off of my MW4 addiction.

Ah well, time to dig out the joystick again, I guess.
You're welcome.

It seems I've grown fond of the new Talos assault mech. It can't pack much firepower but it's fun to use. Rocking it with two clan Gauss rifles and two clan AC2's. Runs circles around the bigger guys while steadily chipping them down to size.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-10, 09:25 PM
Crux terminus's Flag is: United Kingdom

I played Mechwarrior2 but for console....I prefer armoured core, better customisation and all.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-10, 09:36 PM

Tolisk's Flag is: USA

in mech warrior 2, i like the little suits for hacking into things.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-10, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolisk View Post
in mech warrior 2, i like the little suits for hacking into things.
You mean MechAssault 2? Personally, I think the MechAssault games were horrendous compared to the older PC versions. I'm not saying they weren't fun, as I used to own every MechAssault game (I miss the hilarious voice masking abilities on the original Xbox Live), but it was quite a watered down version of the franchise compared to what you find in MechWarrior 4.

I'm looking forward to the MechWarrior reboot slated for release on the 360/PS3, but after news of that lawsuit being filed against the developers started spreading around there hasn't been a whisper about any progress made with the game. I hope it doesn't go the way of Duke Nukem: Forever or Star Wars Battlefront III.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode