Your favorite non-WoW mmo - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 12:34 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

The original Star Wars Galaxies, before they went and for all intents and purposes 'WOW-ified' it and lost around 75% of subscribers if not more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 02:46 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

The Old Republic. Its not out yet but its going to be the new king of mmos, and it will destroy WoW.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 08:33 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

WAR for gods sake... But Dark Millenium will rape everything...
But the problem is that no one is going to play an MMO after Halo: Reach is released...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 08:43 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
The Old Republic. Its not out yet but its going to be the new king of mmos, and it will destroy WoW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
WAR for gods sake... But Dark Millenium will rape everything...
But the problem is that no one is going to play an MMO after Halo: Reach is released...
hahahahahaha....

That's exactly what they said about WAR, and that's not even dented WOW's popularity- nothing will ever beat WOW, they might be popular in thier own right but a WOW killer they won't be.

Champions Online for me- I love being a Super Hero, I can only hope they add a Villain expansion like they did with City of Heroes/Villains.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 08:58 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Completely agree with the Baron here. Nothing is going to knock WOW off its pedestal. Age of Conan, Lord of the Rings, WAR, all were apparently going to 'give WOW a run for its money on the top spot' not one of them even came close to catching WOW, even on their opening months.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 11:42 PM

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Completely agree with the Baron here. Nothing is going to knock WOW off its pedestal. Age of Conan, Lord of the Rings, WAR, all were apparently going to 'give WOW a run for its money on the top spot' not one of them even came close to catching WOW, even on their opening months.
And the sooner everyone wakes up and realises this when they're releasing MMOs, the better. So much marketing goes into pushing games for a big launch (which usually just ends up with huge log in queues and laggy servers) only for everyone to discover that there's actually no content because the publishers wanted to push out their "WoW beater" as early as they can and start getting subs in. The result - about 10% of the people who buy the box end up taking out a subscription.

I can't see any MMO overtaking WoW - a good, long running MMO is very sticky for subscribers to try to leave. After people have been there for a year or so, it starts getting hard to leave not because of the content, but because of the social side of the game - you want to keep playing with the folks you know. WoW's had too long for people to build up those groups now for there to be any mass exodus to another game (short of them making any SOE style blunders, anyway). Blizzard have a bit of a luxury in the market now - they've never been great innovators (most of what was in WoW in launch had already been featured in other games before it), but now they've got such a long lead, they can see what features are in new/ongoing games and pick and choose the bits they want to add to WoW to keep them on top. All the while, millions of folks pay their $7.99 a month (or what ever it is) subs so they can afford to do it.

I honestly think there are other games with better content, better ideas, and that give you more new content regularly for your money - but WoW's been so far in the lead for so long now, I don't think anyone's ever going to catch up.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-18-10, 07:12 PM
ROT

ROT's Flag is: Djibouti

Location: Essex, that shit hole you drive through to get to london.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carna View Post
RuneScape! Wasted my life on that for 4 years
Pah! 5 years here, lmao.

Quit like 6 months back, with a level 136 account with 130m Bank!

Loved that shit. But it was killing me inside. LOL!

The guy who wishes he never sold all his warhammer. Haha. Such is life.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-18-10, 07:16 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzwang View Post
WAR. best PvP in any MMO anywhere. The lack of proper endgame is a bit of a pisser though. If I could raid properly on WAR I'd delete my WoW account.
EVE would like a word with you.

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-18-10, 07:31 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

I think EVE is less an MMO and more The Matrix, in all reality. Do some research on what happens in and around that game and you start to realize most people who play it took the red pill a long time ago.

post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-23-10, 06:56 PM

Tolisk's Flag is: USA

if i had to say, i may not be a mmo because it has servers you join with small amounts of people but Garrys mod, very fun way to finnely squish a sm with a giant hammer if you have a sm model ingame.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode