Dagmires back on WoW - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-10, 10:50 PM

Whizzwang's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Psyker View Post
Same here.

Sometimes I wonder how people like a game so much to be addicted to it? I'm not talking about anyone here seeing as how I know little to nothing about most of the people here on the forums.

I just wanted to ask. What is the allure for people to play this game? I mean it doesn't look that great and the gameplay is repetetive and boring.
This is just genius. How much do you / have you spent on little plastic men since you started?

repetitive gameplay? that's 40K isn't it?

EDIT: on topic, you play some form of faggotry based alliance toon Dag's? or are you a real man?

The Infernal Council of the Lord of Nine Tzeentch C:SM Project Log
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-10, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Psyker View Post
I just wanted to ask. What is the allure for people to play this game? I mean it doesn't look that great and the gameplay is repetetive and boring.
I played it off/on for...I'd say about a year with a friend. I found the game world very interesting to explore, and honestly that's where I found most of my fun, but my gaming eventually degenerated to me being compensated for power leveling people. That's when I finally walked away.

It's funny to note that I've always been a mercenary type of guy when it comes to MMO's since it's a good way to rack up some serious in-game currency, but ever since I've gotten involved in EVE Online I have never looked back to any other. I can see where a lot of people will get wound up in WoW. It's a great game for the casual MMO player in particular and it's computer friendly as far as system requirements go, but I never found the gameplay personally worth the time. It seemed as though every quest was a copy/paste act of fifty others and rarely would I find myself interested in the plots being thrown around.

WoW is healthy as far as subscribers are concerned nowadays, though I feel that mudflation will be the games downfall. Even now, people are so involved in level 80 activities, soon to be lvl 85, that it's a HUGE pain in the ass to level a fresh character up, especially in the lvl 40-60 range. Basically all of the content between level 1-70 has been discarded by the general population. A good guild can take care of that problem, though it can be troublesome to finally locate one.

[EDIT: To those curious, my main was a lvl 80 Blood Elf Rogue. So another reason for my departure was the fact that Rogues are basically seen as a fifth wheel when it comes to end-game content. If you didn't set up your Rogue in a stupidly specific way, you were useless.]

Last edited by Holmstrom; 07-15-10 at 11:56 PM.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-10, 12:07 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzwang View Post

EDIT: on topic, you play some form of faggotry based alliance toon Dag's? or are you a real man?
Psssshhh, yes Dag, be a real man and play as a tranny, a necrophiliac, a furry, a blue Jamaican, or a green monkey!

Alliance pwn, Horde suck.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-10, 12:11 AM

Whizzwang's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseMarine View Post
Alliance pwn, Horde suck.
NoiseMarine: Age 16...... nuff said

though kudos for not rolling Belf like all the other Alliance kiddies

For the horde man.. FOR THE HORDE!

The Infernal Council of the Lord of Nine Tzeentch C:SM Project Log
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-10, 12:28 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzwang View Post
NoiseMarine: Age 16...... nuff said

though kudos for not rolling Belf like all the other Alliance kiddies

For the horde man.. FOR THE HORDE!
It's easy to use age when you have no better argument but ok... Can't say I blame you.

Both sides have their share of 5-12 year olds and just in general pricks. But! Alliance hands down have much better lore.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-10, 12:48 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

For once in my life I have to agree with noisemarine and say if I still played I would be on the alliance. Horde were just kinda fagy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode