Best Gaming Moments - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-12-10, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Best Gaming Moments

I figure a thread like this should come to life, as my searches yielded none of similarity.

It's simple. Have you ever pulled off something simply amazing in a game? Gotten a monster killing streak? Epically failed? Well, this is the thread for you. Post your stories of hilarity, triumph and misery. If you have clips, (such as a link to your Halo fileshare as an example), feel free to post a link as well.

For starters, I'll recant a tale of a 1 vs. 1 match in Call of Duty: World at War.

I was holed up in a two story house with a sniper rifle while a friend managed to take a hit but survive to storm the place. Lacking a weapon of worth against a sub machine gun, I decided to flee out the top story window and toss a smoke grenade back in to confuse him.

As soon as I hit the ground, I threw the grenade in to the air only to see him jump out after me. The grenade smacked right in to his head mid-air, killing him. It took 5 minute to stop laughing.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 07-12-10 at 11:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-12-10, 11:36 PM

There should be a few Fallout 3 moments in here if anyones playthroughs have been anything like mine. Or just pissing about on the game that is .

Hundreds of Bottlecap mines, placing your follower on them and blowing them up. Fuck that's an amazing moment.

Anyone who hasn't tried something like this needs to as soon as possible.

Regards,
Jake.
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-13-10, 07:48 PM

Zer0's Flag is: United Kingdom

Operation: Flashpoint. I had to take out a Shilka (a soviet anti-aircraft vehicle) before attacking an airfield. Found it's position, readied an RPG, fired . . . and watched as the rocket dipped between it's tracks and exploded harmlessly behind it. Naturally, I was blown to pieces before I could reload.
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-13-10, 08:13 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Corsairs View Post
There should be a few Fallout 3 moments in here if anyones playthroughs have been anything like mine. Or just pissing about on the game that is .

Hundreds of Bottlecap mines, placing your follower on them and blowing them up. Fuck that's an amazing moment.

Anyone who hasn't tried something like this needs to as soon as possible.
Placing a few mines by a door in a line leading to a huge pile of mines which you stand on. Big boom, kills you (obviously since your standing on the pile) and maybe even the guy who walked through the door. Fun stuff.

Now, other fun gaming moments are lucky plasma grenade sticks on halo 3 multiplayer. You get to piss people off and you get a kill. Maybe even a kill from the grave. Fun stuff as well. The reason its fun you may ask? Well, turning a corner and throwing a plasma grenade, sticking it to the balls of the guy whose about to kill you, is pure hilarity.

Also on a 5v5 game in Halo 3, this lone red dude hops into an open spot inside some base and threw a spike grenade. It didn't hit anyone. Before he landed all of us had our guns trained on him, and opened fire. I got the killing shot before he hit the ground, and his own grenade launched his body into the nearby wall.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.

Last edited by DeathJester921; 07-13-10 at 08:16 PM.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-13-10, 08:16 PM

arturslv's Flag is: Latvia

I got one. I was playing Resistance: FoM, chapter Angel. As the Chimeran Hybrids were running towards me, I threw a frag. It hit one of the Hybrids in the head, killing it. The ensuing explosion took two more out.
Another one was when i played FoM again, I got killed and the body fell down on hands and legs, like a dog.
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-13-10, 08:19 PM

Ah yes, another funny moment. I got blown up, and the body fell down and landed on his back. Now the bodies arm fell into the right position to look like he was masturbating.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-13-10, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Hah, man...good times with Halo, DeathJester921. I just got a Killtrocity! last night while gunning on the Warthog, but unfortunately I was just playing as a guest since my account is down :[.

I feel I should post this video I found of a guy in Halo 3 killing himself with a traffic cone. Just skip to 0:24.

post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-13-10, 11:21 PM

Wow Holmstrom. That guy fails on an epic level.

Here's some epic boredom right here. These guys fail too. But it is entertaining.

Also this.

Quote:
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-14-10, 07:53 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

One day while romping around in Cyrodil I decided it would be funny to take a Daedric Longsword and enchant it with every single damage enchantment I was able to... This sword was named Nuke and needless to day the next Bandit I hit with it went up to Heaven physically and then proceeded to fall back down...
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-14-10, 08:17 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

In WoW most of my awesome moments were PvP.

I won quite a few games of capture the flag with epic solo flag runs (playing as a horribly fragile fire mage)

Also won a few 5/4 vs 1 fights, that was always a pretty good feeling

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode