Who likes RTS? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 01:51 PM

nocturnalK's Flag is: England

i Forgot all about cossacks :D
that was a good game,though i think the first was the best.. did not like cossacks 2 very much.

Sudden strike was a fab game and so was Starwars Suppremcy from 1998 i think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 02:30 PM

Zer0's Flag is: United Kingdom

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Starcraft yet. It's a decade old and still a staple of LAN parties with excellent multiplayer and a dynamite single player campaign. Not to mention it's practically a sport in Korea.

I have to agree with everyone who's mentioned Rome:Total War. It's the only one in the Total War series I've played, but if the rest are like it, then I am missing out. I can waste days on that game. Never got into Force Commander, but Emperor: Battle for Dune was cool. First 3d RTS that I got into. Not sure how healthy is was to zoon in while sending waves of doomed infantry against flame thrower and machine gun turrets while Ride of the Valkyries was playing, but it was a hell of a lot of fun.
post #33 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 02:42 PM

nocturnalK's Flag is: England

Flamers,,,ahh, its not been mentioned yet
Command and Conquer series, red alert and Generals :D
post #34 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

arturslv's Flag is: Latvia

Try playing Soulstorm with SS:Legions mod and no unit limit. Epic, especially on Frostbite River as IG against Insane Ork AI. I once built ten 'blades, outcome= AWESOME
post #35 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-14-10, 01:41 PM

wombat_tree's Flag is: Australia

I love RTS games, although I am terrible at them.

I play Dawn of War, Dawn of War II, Starcraft, Lord of the rings: The battle for middle Earth 2 (on a different note its expansion pack holds the World Record for longest Expansion title (The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II: Expansion: The Rise of the Witch King ), I also used to play Age of Empires 3 quite a bit.

Praise the sun!
post #36 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-14-10, 02:13 PM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

Company of heros is the dogs bollocks, only down side is your units like to run out of the epic cover you had set out for them!

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #37 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-14-10, 03:13 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

I own the entire collection of Command and Conquer`s, such a pity barely half of them are acceptable, most are vile; Yes, I speak of the abomination that was Red Alert 3, and Tiberium Twilight? Don`t get me started on that...

... Company of Heroes, is indeed ''The Dog`s Bollocks'', brilliant game, worth it just for the British voices

Rome total war is excellent as is Sins of a Solar Empire, introduced to me by a good friend, and some of the The Lord of the Rings strategies are not bad either...

Edit - I don`t usually swear, its rather uncouth and frankly your average internet imbecile can use it, but Starcraft is shit. Even by removing the colossal factor of fucking Zerg rushing, the almost laughable Warhammer 40,000 copying (Yes Warcraft, you too) it still tastes like crap however you cut it.

Last edited by bobss; 07-14-10 at 03:18 PM.
post #38 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-14-10, 03:35 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Cursing add flavor. Any dipshit can add spices but it takes a master to add the spices at the right time. Lol I would say I am quite fond of the original Dow. Although age of empires was rather enjoyable. Really don't have a favorite.
post #39 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-14-10, 05:44 PM

Cossacks is a brilliant game! Not actually played Cossacks 2 so have nothing to say there.

Age of Empires is also a brilliant RTS. Age of Empires 3 I wasn't so much of a fan of mind you, although 2 and the originals were great fun.

Age of Mythology was also a very good game in the RTS category.

Another one I'm a fan of I can't actually remember the name of at the moment. Perhaps somebody else can help me out? You start off with cavemen in the stone age and proceed through the ages (Medieval, Renaissence, Industrial/WW, Modern day, Space Age etc.).

And how can I not mention Dawn of War as a 40k fan?

Regards,
Jake.
post #40 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-14-10, 09:48 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Corsairs View Post
Another one I'm a fan of I can't actually remember the name of at the moment. Perhaps somebody else can help me out? You start off with cavemen in the stone age and proceed through the ages (Medieval, Renaissence, Industrial/WW, Modern day, Space Age etc.).

And how can I not mention Dawn of War as a 40k fan?
Spore? Indeed, Dawn of War II wasn`t bad, either.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode