Medal of Honour - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 08:34 PM

Kobrakai's Flag is: United Kingdom

After pre-ordering the game, I played the Beta and then cancelled the pre-order shortly after. It might sound like a broken record, but I got bored of the long range sniping and the spawn killing very quickly.

I'll be getting a certain other shoot em up coming out in about a weeks time though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 08:50 PM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

so korb, does that mean i can start kicking your arse in that one too..................lol

post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 10:24 PM

Kobrakai's Flag is: United Kingdom

Bring it on old man
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 10:35 PM

respect yuor elders you young ruffian..........lmao.
if all goes well, should be playing by in the morning, and then l8er in the evening after the club

post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-02-10, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
What i think about the game is that those who are good at it, and can quickly pick up the slight differences between BC2 and MW2 are those who still play it, and so get practise against equally good players. However, new players, and slower to learn don't like it as much drop out sooner.
I almost always wind up on the top 3 of my team as a Spec Ops player, but the lack of team playing is what is making me avoid playing Medal of Honor. As per my rant on the shit-ton of snipers on my team when on offense who don't do a damn thing aside from being a mild nuisence to the defending team.

Just like MW, most of the community cares only about farming kill-streaks from a kilometer away and bragging about their K/D being so high when most of their kills were easily earned by pushing a button with your targetting reticule over the right spot on the map while their W/L sinks like an iron duck.

Battlefield style games are supposed to be about team work, and with Dice on board it's as disappointing as Bad Company. When there are solid objectives to be taken to win the game instead of hanging around win or lose until the timer runs down, that 1 KM away shit is a bitch to deal with. There shouldn't be more than three snipers on a Combat Mission offense team.

One thing I'm glad to hear about Black Ops is that killstreak award kills don't count towards your next killstreak. Meaning people will have to work for their scoreboard placement a bit harder, so I'm interested in seeing how that turns out. Lone wolfing is great and all if that's your style, but my tastes center around teamwork. There seem to be fewer and fewer games to suit that.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 11-02-10 at 12:35 AM.
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-02-10, 04:00 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post

One thing I'm glad to hear about Black Ops is that killstreak award kills don't count towards your next killstreak. Meaning people will have to work for their scoreboard placement a bit harder, so I'm interested in seeing how that turns out. Lone wolfing is great and all if that's your style, but my tastes center around teamwork. There seem to be fewer and fewer games to suit that.
Therefore proving the community desperately needs a new Tribes game.

post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-02-10, 07:34 AM

With MoH mp, i only tend to play a couple of rounds at a time, due to cmapfest the games become, and getting pissed of with being snipped by a MP7 from the other side of the map.
As for MW2, i always try and kept to med to close range with the enermy, and do as much dmage as i can.
As for team work, try and get online with a grtoup of friends and team up. hell we now have the hersy steam group, so can be done MW2 or any tam based game

post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-10, 04:51 PM

deathwatch27's Flag is: Wales

I've just finished the campaign on normal only took 2 nights of casual playing. The story although vaguely based on fact (were fighting in afghan) was very short. The American AI was hilariously accurate ie. walking in front of my fire and throwing grenades into buildings when i'm in there. There's even a scene were there gunship opens fire on their own convoy. Did love the typically biased storytelling of only yanks in Afghan while the colonel ignores orders from the general. I suppose this is what you get with only 6 weeks basic training no discipline.
Apart from that the SP plays the same as all the others as in the enemy infinitely respawn until you've moved forward. Some of the keyboard controls were all over the place (I played it on the PC).

Haven't played the MP for more than 30 seconds because my connection was to laggy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode