Medal of Honour - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 12:04 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

No looking forward to Black Ops. Running around a jungle is boring as fuck. I think the most interesting thing will be the lack of cover provided. A wide open map with no "routes" which can be aimed down and blocked off entirely and only a tree or fallen log as shelter. That would be good. Just get rid of the Kill Streaks, ffs.

To Stella, it depends on what you think about it. Personally, I'd suggest renting it - have a look at how the game runs. The cutscene's waste a fair bit of time, and not including the times you die, you could probably complete it in an evening. The story's pretty good, as are some of the scenes. They spent way too much time Remastering the original Medal of Honour that shipped with the T1 game. It's good fun though, both of them.

There are somethings I find annoying though -

The Bugs - some times, the script just stops - the worst part on the Quadbikes as Deuce, after using the Barrett. On occasion, Dusty tells you to stop, but then you don't get off.

Occasionally, I've had the invisible floor - particularly on the Ranger Missions, for some reasons.

Lastly, the Apache Mission, occasionally the Hellfire Target doesn't pop up.

As for online, my only complaint is the long range sniping. Currently, I'm Level 4/Tier 1/Level 7, and even now, with the Bolt Action Rifle with HP Sight and Rangefinder/Suppressor, especially on the long range maps (Kabul, and the other one, attacking the Cave Network), I can reliably get about 5 or 6 kills before needing to move.

Pistols way underpowered - it takes 3 core body shots to kill someone, and the only reason you ever use it IMHO is as a Bolt Action Rifle user - they're too slow, and even a Headshot doesn't one shot kill. I don't know if Open Tip ammunition reduces this effect at all (I'd imagine it does), but as a Rifle user, there's no way you'd ever swap accuracy for Damage, as you one hit kill anyway (well, Battle Rifles aren't, but even so, Hollowpoints don't OHKO for you).

Poor placement of spawning points - as said, you can Snipe so easily across an entire map - the worst one is the Cave Complex map, but there are others - Garmsir allows you to snipe right into the enemies starting sniper spots and open routes - that's especially annoying, as it's basically whoever get's in position first. And also spawning when enemies are nearby. That get's annoying.

Bits I like -

M16 - Awesome weapons. Should use a Diemaco C8 though. Much better weapons. I guess it's just a matter of appearance and stats, rather than actual real world, but even so, a SOPMOD M4A1 is not equivalent to a C8 CQB/SFW - along with a C79 and CMAG turning it into a damn decent Light Support Weapon, yet keeping the speed and sighting of an Assault Rifle.

Reduced reliance on Auto Aim meaning that people aren't just pray and spray letting the auto aim track their movement.

Team Work based plays - no longer can I just run up with a TAR21, FMJ and Stopping Power, and then just throw out half a clip and terrorise something. You need to make sure that someone is covering you.

Less Explosives - Grenades can be seen a lot more easily, and have a smaller radius, not to mention harder to throw accurately (bounce alot, slow moving, and leaving yourself open while cooking a grenade is poor form). Also, there's no danger close meaning that you aren't able to spam UGL's, Frags, and RPG's.

Kill streaks less powerful - if you get them in the right spot, excellent - but otherwise, you're not virtually immune and game winning Gunship modes. (Well I've not yet got the M3 or Cruise Missile, but the AGM is nice enough for what it does if people are stupid).

Cover and Camoflage play a greater part due to the larger distances involved.

But yeah, all round, much better than CoD, and wipes the floor with Bad Company. I've not yet got the BF3 Beta yet. Anyone else had a go at it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 05:45 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

meh, I'll just rent then (although 6 for a couple of nights is a rip-off), I suppose I shouldn't of expected much, the medal of honor series has never really been that good.

post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 11:57 AM
Vaz

New mode available on the 2nd of November - Clean Sweep. 4 minutes, two teams, no respawn. Maps look as though they're tight and indoors though, so less sniper abuse.

Perhaps they're listening to the players for that.

It's available for those with the Online Pass - Free if you activate the code you get in the T1 pack, otherwise you'll need to pay 8 for the Pass itself. Not sure I want to spend a further 5-10 for one new mode. CoD Resurgency and the Map Packs weren't worth 12, Christ. However, if it's something to do with the pass, I'm hoping it's free. It's not called a Pass for nothing.

Oh, and by the way - just completed the Tier 1 trophy today - got all of the missions done sub time.

Edit - forgot the video

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 09:53 PM

search116's Flag is: USA

since as a little kid with my pissy gamecube I have been playing MOH and the only thing I can say when I played this was " Super awesome beard muth chuga pwnage"
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-10, 08:28 PM

EA can shove their online passes up their ass. All it does is damage the used game business. People will be less inclined to save cash by purcasing a used game if they have to throw $5-$10 to the publishing company to get more than a gimped gameplay experience.
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-10, 02:54 PM
Vaz

Update - all DLC will be free from now on - such as for the game modes. Personally, I'm quite happy with the T1 version - it cost exactly the same, and you get a Free online pass.

I'm hoping that there's DLC for the campaign, a) to remove the no floor bug, and b) to lengthen the campaign.

Played through it again last night to try and get Fear the Reaper, and realised two things - a) Pistol Autoaim is funny as fuck in that you can headshot snipe with unlimited ammo and near perfect accuracy at high speed shots, and b) it would make a fucking amazing movie.

Quote:
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-10, 02:57 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
EA can shove their online passes up their ass. All it does is damage the used game business. People will be less inclined to save cash by purcasing a used game if they have to throw $5-$10 to the publishing company to get more than a gimped gameplay experience.
I can't think of a single games company that wouldn't like to see the used games business crash and burn...
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-27-10, 10:21 AM

Just like Bad Company 2, it seems as though 9/10 players will use a bolt action sniper rifle on my team. In game modes like Combat Mission where you have to assault objectives, this is the lamest thing in the universe when only two or three people are doing all the work. I mean, I pick the class myself here and there for varieties sake or if we needthe overwatch, but I almost always go with Spec Ops for the close quarters action and it's a real bitch when you have nobody to hold angles with.

/rant

Going solo like that on non-hardcore modes wouldn't be too bad if it didn't take three headshots from my M4 to kill some stinky mountain fighter wearing just a dirty rag and if 40mm's didn't just tickle your opponent after a center mass hit. Fucking Dice... At least the shotguns are pretty well balanced, IMO. They're extremely deadly with some respectable range, but are very slow to cycle due to the pump action. Missing a single shot can mean the difference between life and death.

The one reason why I hate how they caved in to the people complaining about 'noob tubes' is that it made counter-sniper actions stupidly difficult for the 'average joe' with an assault rifle. Especially in a game with muzzle suppressers that makes it a bitch just to spot some folk in the hills. It's like your using fucking training rounds on the battlefield.
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-27-10, 04:31 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
Just like Bad Company 2, it seems as though 9/10 players will use a bolt action sniper rifle on my team. In game modes like Combat Mission where you have to assault objectives, this is the lamest thing in the universe when only two or three people are doing all the work.
I played MoH online for the first time last night, and this struck me immediately. Every level is a snipers dream, and I nearly fucked the joypad through the telly after the 6th time in a row dying to a snipers bullet within seconds of respawning in the exact same spot.

Don't get me wrong, I love the occasional bout of death from afar myself, but at least in the CoD games, there are only a few levels that can be dominated by snipers, and even then not to the complete exclusion of all other classes.

I'll play this until the new CoD comes out, or actually, I'll probably trade it in off the price of it.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 03:39 PM
Vaz

Had a break from playing this and went back to MW2 online - and it's wierd how different the two area. Sniping is good, but only if you get in a good position - and yes the Maps are horrendous for Spawn Killing. I'm trying to get Tier 1 in it, so would much prefer to get it the easy way.

Combat Mission Sniping is bare good fun on the defence - it's a good job that you can't get the RPG's with the SV98's or else it would be easy as fuck tbh.

Best map IMHO is Helmand or Shahikot Mountains. You can snipe if you want, but you're easy to pick off on the offence or defence, while SpecOps or Assault are excellent guys to be running around with as there's so many little side paths.

What i think about the game is that those who are good at it, and can quickly pick up the slight differences between BC2 and MW2 are those who still play it, and so get practise against equally good players. However, new players, and slower to learn don't like it as much drop out sooner.

MW2 on the other hand was easy as fuck to get into. And I hate the kill streaks. Yes, you can go for Cold Blooded, but there's no fun in that. MW had kill streaks perfect - yes you were limited to only the RPG's to take out Helo's, and the M24/R700 was annoying as fuck due to it's lack of Stopping Power and being a Bolt Action.

Still getting Black Ops, as more of my mates play that (plus we can all join in without having to play over the net), but imho, MoH is a winner. And finally completed that flaming original Medal of Honour. I forgot how fucking annoying that Train Mission was on very hard.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode