Fallout - New Vegas - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-25-10, 10:19 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
Its not a problem, I'm just stating the fact that its a meh game.

They had an opportunity to add so much more. Vehicles? Bikes? Riding the big fucking ram things?
the only Vehicle EVER in a Fallout game was the car you pulled together to make fast traveling faster

How about being able to hide behind terrain ala Mass Effect? Prone position? Why can't I lay down into a prone fire position?
not sure why theres no prone still, it was in the originals.

The game is ok, but thats all. They had 2 years to add new stuff... even new animations would be good. People still move like thunderbirds.

Its wasted in my opinion, so much potential. I felt like Fallout 3 was awesome but rushed. With another 2 years I was expecting to see all the crap stuff ironed out. Instead we get better voice acting and nothing else. The story isn't even better, they went from a cool Vault guy emerging and discovering a world he's never seen to a scrote. Not good. I'll play it, but Footy Manager 2011 comes out next week, so Fallout Paperboy will be placed on the can't be arsed pile soon.

the story is far better in NV then FO3
read the green for my responses

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-25-10, 10:35 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
I'll play it, but Footy Manager 2011 comes out next week,
wait you moan about graphics, vehicles and story and your looking forward to a game filled with spreadsheets and overpaid wankers as characters?

post #73 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-25-10, 11:53 PM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
wait you moan about graphics, vehicles and story and your looking forward to a game filled with spreadsheets and overpaid wankers as characters?
Edit/Delete Message
No, I moan about a game making very few improvements in a 2 year period. Read again.

Quote:
the story is far better in NV then FO3
In your opinion.

Quote:
the only Vehicle EVER in a Fallout game was the car you pulled together to make fast traveling faster
Why would that matter? Fallout was an ancient game in an isometric view made by Black Isle Studios. There wasn't the technical ability to add them back then. Neither were they necessary in that style of game. In a First Person/Shit 3rd Person game they're needed, especially when you walk past bikes and rams!

You're all pissing in the wind if you think my opinion will change. The game is no different aside from the story. The company knew people would buy it anyway so they didn't bother giving it a better game engine.

It feels like Fallout 3 DLC - and that is failure.
post #74 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 10:50 AM
blahblahblahblah

Quote:
No, I moan about a game making very few improvements in a 2 year period. Read again.
like football manager?

post #75 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 11:25 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh (again)

bloody legion assassins spawning by me every time I wake up,
this game is doing my 'ead in,
bloody obsidian it's just like them to create a gripping story and pepper it with tripe

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #76 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 11:30 AM
blahblahblahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh (again)

bloody legion assassins spawning by me every time I wake up,
this game is doing my 'ead in,
bloody obsidian it's just like them to create a gripping story and pepper it with tripe
yeah I found it best just not to kill any of caesers lot because of the assassins, its not fun being attacked by 6 guys seeing them wipe out 2 caravans and 4 NCF soldiers and yourself after only killing 1 with 2 sticks of dynamite

post #77 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 01:09 PM
Slave to Heresy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
like football manager?
Have you ever played football manager?

The game gets a huge overhaul every year. Full database update, new functions, new training methods, agents, a better 3d game engine, better interaction.

You're a fanboy mate. Sad but true. They feed you half arsed shit and you lap it up.

It's DLC quality shite, plain and simple. I'll still play the game, because I like Fallout 3, but isn't it a 4 year old game engine?

Anyway, less of the negativity - what level are you guys playing on?

I'm on Hard and Hardcore at the moment. Makes it slightly more challenging.
post #78 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 01:39 PM
ROT

ROT's Flag is: Djibouti

Location: Essex, that shit hole you drive through to get to london.

Maybe your missing the point Jez;

You said you will play it, because you like FO3.. Why change something that's good? Just take it like it's a New Fifa game, or Footy Manager game; Just a sequal to the last one, with a few changes..

If they made massive changes to a game like FO, they'd be changing alot of what you like (Most probably), Where as in a simple concept (Like A manager game), The game is exactly the same each time.. So they require new game engines and quirks to keep people buying.

Your lapping up all the random hype about football manager; when in reality; It's just as much fun as 2010; with new stuff, to try and fool you into thinking it's incredible and reveloutionary - You play FM for the managing part anyway, who gives a fuck what game engine pushes 23 dots around a Square.

The guy who wishes he never sold all his warhammer. Haha. Such is life.
post #79 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 02:30 PM
Slave to Heresy!

Quote:
Maybe your missing the point Jez;

You said you will play it, because you like FO3.. Why change something that's good? Just take it like it's a New Fifa game, or Footy Manager game; Just a sequal to the last one, with a few changes..
Did I just read that?

By your logic no decent game should ever be worked on? They should just leave it as it is and not bother?

You're missing my point. The game was good for its time with obvious flaws that could of been fixed. They weren't fixed, therefore it's only average.

Football Manager is a perfect management sim. Fallout is floored, the graphics are shit, stuff gets stuck in the ground all the time. Your character gets stuck all the time. You'll be shooting on Vats and someone on your side walks infront of the shot and next thing you know the entire fucking faction is shooting you. The engine is bollocks, the franchise is class. Don't confuse the two. This can go on forever, pretty much every review has stated that Fallout NV is Fallout 3 with a different story. Thats shit, no effort was made to improve the game engine.

Don't argue that its irrelevant because its not, Fallout New Vegas is a polished turd. Nothing more. Reminds me of the Saw series

Director - What do you think of this finished movie?
Saw Producer - It's shit, but so many retards love it they'll watch anyway.

..and yes, I do class myself in the retard category. I love the franchise so I'll play it - but it's disappointing. I won't pretend otherwise.
post #80 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 02:51 PM
ROT

ROT's Flag is: Djibouti

Location: Essex, that shit hole you drive through to get to london.

I guess your right, putting it like that..

But if a game is enjoyable, you want the next one to be just as enjoyable..

Would you rather a game you enjoy took a massive risk with detrimental changes, risking being good or rubbish.. Or would you rather they kinda stuck with what they did well; and made changes to smaller things like Menu Graphics (A sneaky verbal joust at Fifa 11's shit menu graphics ) and Story Lines?

I'm not saying that as a rhetorical question; Because those are the 2 types of gamers really- I'm interested to know.

When I look at a new sequal to a game; Ideally I'd like it to be all the ogod parts of the last one, with the shit parts missing- That'd be progress, and Priority #1.

I'm not going to argue that NV is a 'Polished Turd', I don't even like the Fallout games

But Tl;dr, My point is if a game is shit, improve it; If it's good, Sustain it.

The guy who wishes he never sold all his warhammer. Haha. Such is life.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode