Fallout - New Vegas - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 08:11 AM

jaws900's Flag is: England

i think this is probbly the only time i'm glad that the development hand switched to Bethesta. They made it into an awsume game by miles. So what if it's an Oblivion clone. It's a good one and possibly better than Oblivion. And the amount of hidden stuff like a password from a comptuer beign the runnign number of the Exceir from Star Trek 2 was awsume.

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

People i have turned into Chaos Spawn
Marneus Calgar
Pedro Kantor
Terminator Chaplin
Terminator Apothecary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 06:51 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws900 View Post
i think this is probbly the only time i'm glad that the development hand switched to Bethesta. They made it into an awsume game by miles. So what if it's an Oblivion clone. It's a good one and possibly better than Oblivion. And the amount of hidden stuff like a password from a comptuer beign the runnign number of the Exceir from Star Trek 2 was awsume.
What exactly is an "awesume" game? Anyway! The original Fallouts were just every bit as satisfying as Fallout 3 if not more so story-wise. The only thing Bethesda did better were the graphics which is a given since it's how many years later? And the combat. I'm just pshyched that it's on the same engine as Fallout 3 but they're putting in the reputation system, a better follower system, better weapon upgrades/more weapons and better models. Just everything about the game makes me get the feeling that I'll be able to play it for years.
post #23 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Oh I reckon I'll be able to play New Vegas longer than I've played MW2 online...

This game is all the good things about Fallout 3 and all the good things aboutthe originals mixed together with some extras to make an overall fantastic looking game. Obviously I say fantastic 'looking' game and not fantastic game because I haven't played it and it's be arrogant to make assumptions like that. But I do still hold very high expectations for this game!

Regards,
Jake.
post #24 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-19-10, 10:01 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

One thing that appeals to me about this game. They've finally made a cool looking suit of armour that isnt Brotherhood of Steel issue.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #25 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-19-10, 11:45 AM
bobss's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
One thing that appeals to me about this game. They've finally made a cool looking suit of armour that isnt Brotherhood of Steel issue.
MarkII Enclave Power Armour isn`t cool enough? Tesla Armour isn`t cool enough, Brotherhood Outcast Power Armour isn`t cool enough? Really? I`ve always preferred the Outcast Power Armour in looks, although it is stripped from you automatically at Fort Independance

But yes, Sarah Lyons does look hot in her Lyons Pride suit, and the fact that remote explosives will be included in New Vegas makes the Sniping/Stealthboy/Chinese Stealth suit tomofoolery the better I hope there are far more schematics for weapons. Railway Rifle and Dartgun are perhaps the only useful ones currently.

I cannot wait for this game, loving the Fallout franchise nearly as much as 40k

Last edited by bobss; 06-19-10 at 11:59 AM.
post #26 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-19-10, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Sure enough all the Power Armours are cool but what I think Lord of the Night meant was that finally there is a new armour that isn't some form of BoS Armour or a rework of it (afterall most Power Armours in the game look similar in one way or another, the most different being Enclave, but they are still very close and based off the same concept. New armour in New Vegas will be completely different armours from the Power Armour we are familiar with in the Capital Wasteland).

Regards,
Jake.
post #27 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-19-10, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Corsairs View Post
Sure enough all the Power Armours are cool but what I think Lord of the Night meant was that finally there is a new armour that isn't some form of BoS Armour or a rework of it (afterall most Power Armours in the game look similar in one way or another, the most different being Enclave, but they are still very close and based off the same concept. New armour in New Vegas will be completely different armours from the Power Armour we are familiar with in the Capital Wasteland).
True enough; I also wonder if you require training for the Power Armour variants in New Vegas. Will there still be Karma, and what of antagonists? Just Raiders and Super-Mutants don`t cut it for me, any chance of the Enclave returning

I should know, I use Fallout Wiki enough, but its better to ask here
post #28 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-19-10, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Not sure about training for the Armour but I should imagine there's something like that and I'm sure the Karma system will stay as is.

Don't think the Enclave will be returning as New Vegas is an NCR controlled area if I remember correctly (North Californian Republic) so chances are they will be big threats in the game. Not sure though.

Regards,
Jake.
post #29 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-20-10, 08:08 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww, all the power armor in Fallout 3 sucked... Except the helmets for T-45d (Brotherhood Power Armor), and the Winterized T-51b. It just wasn't bulky enough, power armor is supposed to make you look and feel like a tank.

I'm pretty sure there won't be any Enclave, at least not as a main Antagonist this time around. They've been the baddies for two games already and they're extremely weak as of now.

And Karma is still going to be there, but it won't effect how people see you. They can still see you as a savior if you butcher people and eat them and no-one else knows about it. It's just a measure of how much of a bastard you are.

There are also no straight antagonists either, there are more grey areas as the two main factions are joinable and for their respective questlines I would assume you either destroy or severely hamper the other.
post #30 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-20-10, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseMarine View Post
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww, all the power armor in Fallout 3 sucked... Except the helmets for T-45d (Brotherhood Power Armor), and the Winterized T-51b. It just wasn't bulky enough, power armor is supposed to make you look and feel like a tank.

I'm pretty sure there won't be any Enclave, at least not as a main Antagonist this time around. They've been the baddies for two games already and they're extremely weak as of now.

And Karma is still going to be there, but it won't effect how people see you. They can still see you as a savior if you butcher people and eat them and no-one else knows about it. It's just a measure of how much of a bastard you are.

There are also no straight antagonists either, there are more grey areas as the two main factions are joinable and for their respective questlines I would assume you either destroy or severely hamper the other.
I agree with the Power-Armour debate; though obliterating Enclave parties clad in Outcast Power Armour with a Minigun beats most things

The idea of two main factions you can possibly join sounds intruiging. Fallout 3, frankly, involved to much solitary time, short of the occassional random-encounter or the occassional Quest. Karma isn`t that important anyway. Admittedly it has its perks, but enacting a full-scale massacre of Megaton and Rivet City dosen`t affect Gameplay too much...

But yeah, thanks for the Information NoiseMarine

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode