Fallout - New Vegas - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-27-10, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Fair enough, I'm just basing my comment on my personal experience with them, as I personally didn't find any of them enjoyable, maybe that wouldn't be the case if they weren't rushed into releasing their games. But what I like and dislike, others may think the complete opposite, and that's fine. (However I will take back the comment on Obsidian fucking games up, I was unaware of them being rushed into releasing all of their games by their publishers so it's a bit of an unfair comment.)

Perhaps Obsidian were also rushed by Bethesda into releasing New Vegas?

Bethesda have also announced that they have already started on the first set of DLC for New Vegas, I'll try and keep you updated on this when more is revealed.

Regards,
Jake.

Last edited by Red Corsairs; 10-27-10 at 10:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-28-10, 01:07 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Actually, the more I think of it, the only really rushed games of theirs were KOTOR 2 and Alpha Protocol. It seems that with most of the games they've made, they've been brilliantly written and executed, but their biggest weakness is QA and fixing bugs in the initial releases. That's usually a time constraint thing and can be fixed with patches, though, so not too much of a problem. Besides, let's face it, with Bethesda's already piss-poor Gamebryo engine on top of a rushed release, Obsidian isn't really deserving of the blame in this case.

As an aside, the Neverwinter Nights 2 trilogy is, at least to me, really well done. Sure, there are things I would have liked in it, but it's the same with any game with a well-established background. Again, it is one of those games you really want to patch before playing, though.

post #103 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-28-10, 02:29 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
This is not true.

Obsidian have always made good games. However, they've always been rushed out by publishers, and the devs end up taking the flak. For instance, what was actually there of KOTOR2 was brilliant. If it wasn't demanded that it was released prior to completion, it would have been even better than it already is.
actually you're both right,
obsidian make potentially brilliant games but somehow the end result can be infuriatingly bad, purely because of technical issues.

KOTOR 2 was the only time an obsidian game was rushed by the publisher, every other obsidian game has been given 7-8 months extra to polish and fix bugs yet they still manage to come out a shambles,
if it weren't for their obvious talents for writing and plotting, I would be out there now hunting obsidian staff with a vermin rifle

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Last edited by Bindi Baji; 10-28-10 at 02:31 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode