The Force Unleashed 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-15-10, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default The Force Unleashed 2

Some Force Unleashed 2 action for you all, two lightsabres will make the game twice as good. And ten times more enemies to kill .

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-15-10, 05:25 PM

=/

The video was awesome, but the first game...sucked. A lot. The gameplay was fun to mess around with at first, and the cut scenes looked wonderful, but in the end I regret buying it in the first place, and the only reason why I haven't traded it in is because it's absolutely worthless.

If the game is as gnarly as that tidbit of a video, I will be happy, but I am wary. Very wary. Though knowing my soft spot for Star Wars, I'll probably end up getting it down the road anyway.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 01:03 AM

Apologies for double posting, but I just played through the demo on Xbox Live. I'd place the length at around 10 minutes of gameplay if you take the time to look around.

I have to say, the graphics in Force Unleashed II are amazing. Character models are stellar and the environments are pretty sexy. The gameplay remains exactly the same, though. Give or take a few new features like the dual lightsabers and a few new Force tricks. If you enjoyed how the first game flowed, you'll have no trouble getting through the action.

I don't expect the plot to do nothing more but urinate on the established Expanded Universe canon just like the first game, though I do recommend people try it out.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 01:27 AM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ah but then again this will be canon, whereas the Expanded Universe isn't canon (cheers George for pissing off so many Star Wars fans, it's quite amusing).
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 03:37 AM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Whats the expanded Universe? is that whats in the books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 04:36 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Why didn't Vadar just saber him when he had him chained up? Why did he order his down syndrome henchmen to do it? Was it time for his tea break? Did he have to use the little cyborg's room?

I can deal with lots of things in a game; boring gameplay, cliche plot/dialog, poor graphics, as long as the game has one other redeeming feature I'll play it, but the one thing I cannot forgive is having an impractical bad guy with muffins for brains.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 08:45 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

This game is just going to be one protracted nerdgasm for me. I loves it.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
Ah but then again this will be canon, whereas the Expanded Universe isn't canon (cheers George for pissing off so many Star Wars fans, it's quite amusing).
The Expanded Universe is canon. Things like the Yuuzhan Vong War, the Dark Nest Crisis and the 2nd Galactic Civil War did happen, Lucas has admitted they are completely canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
Whats the expanded Universe? is that whats in the books?
Yeah, and some other stuff like comic books.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 06:38 PM

Yeah, the 'Expanded Universe' is basically the term used for all the stuff outside of the films. Such as the novels, comic books, video games and all that stuff. It is all generally considered canon unless otherwise stated or retconned.

Now I feel like playing Dark Forces II. I can never get tired of that game.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-10, 11:14 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Anyone know if this game is PS3 move compatible or not? If not im not buying it, i have the first one on the wii ,ok the graphics were not as good but waving you arms around like a loony made it possibly one of the most fun games i have played.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode