Total War: Shogun 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-10, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Total War: Shogun 2

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6264478....ewstop;title;1

Though ive never played Total War before I like the sound of this quite a lot, thought I should post this for any fans of the series.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-10, 09:12 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

its about bloody time, the first one was and still is awesome, even if it is just a collection of squares with different lengths of sticks on screen

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-10, 10:43 AM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

I loved the first game when that was around, as did I enjoy Rome, but the Medival ones simply didn't do it for me. I look forward to this, I am definatly going to get it, good find!

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-10, 03:55 PM

Shogun Total War is by far the best in the series, I'm not a fan of any of the later ones but am definitely looking forward to this one .

Regards,
Jake.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-10, 05:24 PM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Rome TW was awesome. Medieval 2 had it's place, though the AI sucked somewhat.

I'll be looking forward to this, but I hope they've fixed up the bugs from some of their previous releases. A friend of mine got TW: Empire, and while the actual play system it had was good, the AI was buggy as all crap. Hopefully Shogun 2 will bring back the awesome to the series.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 03:29 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Own every game on this series and waiting Shogun 2 aswell. Favourite has so far been Rome total war.

Anyone tried Call of Warhammer for Medieval yet, its quite good mod. And units are exceptionally made.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 04:35 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Needs to be able to mod to be good. The base game is always horrendous - poor AI, and unbalanced to the hilt. (General Bodyguard Stacks, Timurids, anyone?), and extremely poor textures (they use 512x512 Textures, yet to play Empire, etc, you need a computer which can handle up and over 1024x1024, even 2048x2048. Combined with poor historical accuracy, and "primary colour factions" copying the same model 20 times, it's rather poor effort.

Mods, such as Third Age, Stainless Steel, and Call of Warhammer rectify this, by changing AI, balancing the factions, new, historically accurate, Real Combat Mods actually making units do what their appearance says they can do, combined with training, and the like, removes the bugs and crashes, and the artwork is often highly polished.

Call of Warhammer's decent, but needs a bit of effort putting in to sorting out the bugs. Too much too soon was done with it, I think, but isilendil and the team made an awesome mod. The community is horrendous though, taking the worst parts of the gaming and the worst parts of the warhammer community, and throwing them all in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-11, 03:04 AM

I enjoyed the original Shogun a lot. It's going to rock to see an updated version with smarter AI and all of the kinks worked out.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-11, 01:20 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
I enjoyed the original Shogun a lot. It's going to rock to see an updated version with smarter AI and all of the kinks worked out.
Excuse me while I giggle. the AI gets steadily worse as they spend too much time designing gimmicky or graphical design features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-11, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Excuse me while I giggle. the AI gets steadily worse as they spend too much time designing gimmicky or graphical design features.

well let's hope that's not true for this game.
the AI in the original shogun sucked so bad....it wasn't even cool.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode