Should I buy a PSP? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-10, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

Default Should I buy a PSP?

Never been a big gamer, as in know all the stats blah blah but i do like to play the odd couple of games on my friends ps3.

Been playing stuff like fifa and madden for the last year at uni and have got rather hooked but dont really want to spend too much money ie 200 quid plus on a ps3

Thus i have been considering taking the psp3000 slim+ fifa world cup 2010 for 129.99
Any thoughts on what else i should buy game and accessory wise and whether it is good value

(Edit should buy a fucking dictionary cant believe i misspelt the title)

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig

Last edited by deathbringer; 06-05-10 at 02:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-10, 01:16 AM

Personally, I wouldn't bother buying a PsP unless that's the best you can do at work or you travel on the road a lot. If you have the money, I suppose it doesn't matter, but that's probably the only way you'd still use it after the 'omg cool, I have a psp' factor wears away.

That's my bit, but the choice is yours. The PS3 itself is pretty awesome, but I personally feel that despite being a nifty console, it lacked a wide variety of decent games compared to some of the exclusive stuff you see on the overheatbox 360.

(I'm impartial to either console. They do their job, but the 360 was the choice for me due to how much cheaper it was...although since I'm on my 3rd xbox, I suppose you get what you pay for.)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-10, 11:18 PM

Gameboy colour suits me...

Seriously, dug it out for the first time this millennium and had great fun with thunderbirds and pokemon yellow

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-10, 12:41 AM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

A PS3, yes, it's great, but I personally prefer the 360 due to more zombie games and Gearsof War.

PsP is excellent as well, although the internet is crap (can't use Youtube too well), but the game Squad Command is the best Warhammer game I've played (I never played DoW )

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-10, 12:58 AM

I heard Squad Command was awesome, but I haven't been able to play it. What's it like?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-10, 06:49 AM

High_Seraph's Flag is: USA

deathbringer i have a psp and 5 games for it. Its great when you have to travel and someone else is driving or your using public transportation. I dont really think fifa would work to well on a psp though.

Jesus wasn't the son of GOD, he was just a Master of Alteration.
^elder scrolls joke^

"Loyalty is its own reward."
Lion El'Jonson.

Remember: Read more Manga and other books as well!
Try: The Breaker
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-10, 07:54 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
I heard Squad Command was awesome, but I haven't been able to play it. What's it like?
It's ok, a lot of fun really, but once you get the hang of it, it can be a little easy. I haven't played it multiplayer yet though, so maybe I'll try that some day. It's got a steep learning curve though - your guys can die quite easily if you're not careful.

As for the PSP thing - no, get a DS, lite or i. I have the DS lite and it is awesome, especially if you get an R50 card with it. I had a friend with both the PSP and a DS, and the DS won hands down. PSP had more power and a few advantages (internet being one of them), but the games and innovation on the DS were far better. It's currently the system I do the most gaming on actually - it's just lots of fun.

The PS3 is an awesome system though, possibly the best of the current Gen, but I just don't think the PSP matches up in the hand held section.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode