Halo: Reach - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 02:46 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Ok, a extended version of the "Deliver Hope" trailer has been released... I guessed you guys would want to see it...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 04:15 PM

jaws900's Flag is: England

over priced crap only alive becuase of the Halo name.

Seriously why not just make a new game and let Halo slowly die.
*hears halo fan boys rage*

I have NEVER liked halo. The game play is standard now a days and EVERY shooting is compared to halo. it's f@#king annoying. Ever franchise needs to die at some point and if it was truly good it will live on without new games every 5 f@#king seconds. This applys to Tv shows too. Here is just a short list of shows/games that haven't had any sequals or new games for a while but are still classics.

Red Dwarf
Pychonoughts
Star Trek Voyager - Elite Force
Castle Crashers
Swat 4
Monty Pyton (moives and shows)

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

People i have turned into Chaos Spawn
Marneus Calgar
Pedro Kantor
Terminator Chaplin
Terminator Apothecary
post #83 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 05:17 PM
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws900 View Post

I have NEVER liked halo. The game play is standard now a days and EVERY shooting is compared to halo. it's f@#king annoying. Ever franchise needs to die at some point and if it was truly good it will live on without new games every 5 f@#king seconds. This applys to Tv shows too. Here is just a short list of shows/games that haven't had any sequals or new games for a while but are still classics.
You should really consider fucking off from here! Whats the point of trash talking a game, that is loved by most of the gamers??

Really... And every 5 sec my ass... It is every 3rd year normally for fucks sake, you must have confused yourself between CoD and Halo there man... Like srsly... Fuck off... Die away yourself is what I say...

post #84 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws900 View Post

Who took a dump in your cereal this morning?

Anyways, Bungie has said that this is their final Halo title. I guess you haven't heard about that. They're also making a new franchise. Halo belongs to Microsoft now, so point your fingers at them. And 3 years per game isn't that bad for franchise titles. That length of time usually goes to show that the development studio actually put time and effort in to their title. Other franchises are much, much more deserving of your scorn than Halo if one were to follow your words. Call of Duty, is a prime example, as they plan to release a title once a year.

Bungie is walking away from Halo. Something few studios would be willing to do, since there is undoubtedly still money to be made in the name. Microsoft had continuously pestered them for more Halo games instead of new intellectual properties. Now that they are no longer affiliated, the door is open for Bungie to make something new.

So your unusual tantrum was, it seems, misplaced jaws900. I think you should follow your signatures advice and chill out.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 09-09-10 at 03:50 PM.
post #85 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 04:46 PM
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
Who took a dump in your cereal this morning?

Anyways, Bungie has said that this is their final Halo title. I guess you haven't heard about that. They're also making a new franchise. Halo belongs to Microsoft now, so point your fingers at them. And 3 years per game isn't that bad for franchise titles. That length of time usually goes to show that the development studio actually put time and effort in to their title. Other franchises are much, much more deserving of your scorn than Halo if one were to follow your words. Call of Duty, is a prime example, as they plan to release a title once a year.

Bungie is walking away from Halo. Something few studios would be willing to do, since there is undoubtedly still money to be made in the name. Microsoft had continuously pestered them for more Halo games instead of new intellectual properties. Now that they are no longer affiliated, the door is open for Bungie to make something new.

So your unusual tantrum was, it seems, misplaced jaws900. I think you should follow your signatures advice and chill out.
Exactly! [High-fives Holmstrom]

post #86 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 09:04 PM

-yawns- i don't get what the hypes all about but then again, never really got into Halo :/
post #87 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
Exactly! [High-fives Holmstrom]
I'm just more of a fan of Bungie than I am Halo itself, really. I still play the Marathon Trilogy a few times a month. However, It's quite possible that the series will likely be milked dry of revenue and then some once 343 Studios makes a deal with Microsoft for a 'Halo 4'. A lot of the people who worked on the Halo series left Bungie to work with 343 Studios, to those who are unaware. Until 343 can prove themselves capable of making a great game, Halo is dead to me from a post-Reach standpoint.'

On the same token, I hope Bungie doesn't get lazy with their new intellectual property. It caused stir when they made a publishing deal with Activision, but we'll see what happens. It's good to hear they will be developing cross-platform titles from here on out, though. No more Microsuck haunting over their shoulders.
post #88 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-12-10, 08:03 AM
I am Alpharius.

Ok, as the reviews start raining down from the skies, I thought I could start posting up a few from good places! This one is from IGN, and it is one of the best reviews I have seen anyone do... It wont spoil to much about the story, but keeping your eyes closed can help if there is a need for it! Personally I enjoyed this review, and I cant wait to play the game...

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/09/12...objectid=71363

post #89 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-12-10, 09:25 AM

Most reviews I've seen have been above 9, which is relieving to hear. A few are lower, from what I heard, but the game is generally well received. I personally think the game could have been a bit better in some areas, mainly having a greater number of multiplayer maps shipped on the disk, but I'm more than satisfied with Reach.
post #90 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-12-10, 10:39 AM
I am Alpharius.

I think there are enough maps already on the disc, and it is good to learn them first, and then at a later date get some DLC maps...

Another review: http://apps.facebook.com/upitone/?co...&news_id=50698

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode