Halo: Reach - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-25-10, 08:36 AM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

Its a shame, the whole game is leaked all over youtube and on file share.

Does look cracking though.

Let the Galaxy Burn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-25-10, 07:53 PM

Tolisk's Flag is: USA

Dont have an xbox 360 so i wouldnt know much

post #63 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-25-10, 08:40 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Too many releases that, for me, far surpass Halo in replayability and just sheer enjoyment... in other words, Halo is crap, if I'm buying a shooter anytime 'soon', it'll be Gears of War 3.
post #64 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-25-10, 09:15 PM

Yeah, I see what you mean,Noisemarine. Aside from Halo: CE which was a solid title when taking in to consideration the other games out around in its time, I'll agree that the trilogy in general is quite flawed in various levels. I wouldn't go as far as to call it all 'crap', though.

However, Reach looks to be rather different. I've seen most of the game already and it's quite a change of pace. It's a serious take on what should have been a serious story since the beginning. Soldiers won't say out of place wisecrack remarks, the Xeno aren't fluent in English and likewise don't share a comical attitude to their crusade against Humanity. Hell, most of the planets Human population speaks Hungarian. The overall atmosphere of Reach is quite grim as well. You encounter civilians who've had their realities utterly shattered and everyone knows they're fighting a losing battle against an innumerable and advanced foe from the beginning. It's just a matter how how many Covenant can you take down with you.

As far as replayability is concerned, you have an improved Firefight. Quite similar to Horde mode of Gears of War 3 this time around with player vs player support and a ridiculous level of mode customization. There is also the improved Forge system and Forge World that will allow players to, using the provided building blocks, create their own maps. A feat that few console games these days can can boast.

So anyone who has a grudge against the Halo trilogy thus far might find Reach to be an exception to the rule. This game is practically a reboot to the franchise, though it is Bungies last Halo game before they move on to a completely new IP. Which I see as a good move less they attempt to milk the franchise bone dry like the Call of Duty titles are headed.

Though in my opinion, the Gears of War games have always seemed pretty unappealing to me. The plot is invisible and sadly undeveloped. The characters are rather static/2D aside from Dominic I guess and everyone seems to be on a hefty ration of steroids. Though it is the gameplay that makes GoW truly fly. Few games can pull off third person shooter game mechanics successfully like GoW does. Now that GoW 3 will have 4 player co-op, it looks like the campaign will be a blast.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 08-25-10 at 09:24 PM.
post #65 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-25-10, 09:51 PM
Banned

Calling it crap might've a tad... heavy? I've looked at the previews and it does look better than all the other games in the franchise. But, all in all, it isn't exactly my type of game. For now I'll just let my friends and my brother buy it and play it with them.

If I were to think about buying all the other games I want to pick up, and Reach... I'd need to get a better job and scrap the thought of buying a car.

All that said, Forge World looks great... could have a lot more fun with it this time around.
post #66 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-25-10, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseMarine View Post
If I were to think about buying all the other games I want to pick up, and Reach... I'd need to get a better job and scrap the thought of buying a car.
I feel you there. Moneys tight these days.

*Looks at cobwebs in wallet.*
post #67 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 12:01 PM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

GoW3 is a fair time away ent it? tbh after the fuck up that was Gow2, i dont think ill pick up the 3rd for a while.

Reach however looks epic! and nearer.

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #68 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 12:15 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseMarine View Post
Too many releases that, for me, far surpass Halo in replayability and just sheer enjoyment... in other words, Halo is crap, if I'm buying a shooter anytime 'soon', it'll be Gears of War 3.
MoH for me matey. Sexy little beast. Got mine preordered, and gonna smash the fuck out of people with MP7 and shottys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #69 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 04:48 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Yep, thats a new Halo: Reach Live Action trailer!!!! IT IS JUST SO DAMN KICK ASS!

And if you have not yet done it (HERESY!, you should go and add your light to the Remember Reach thingie: http://www.rememberreach.com/?p=24211

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #70 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
MoH for me matey. Sexy little beast. Got mine preordered, and gonna smash the fuck out of people with MP7 and shottys.
More of an RPG man myself... preordered Fallout: New Vegas. I can't say enough about Fallout. >.>

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode