Halo: Reach - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-07-10, 01:02 AM

Yeah, I saw that vid a while back. Full of interesting game footage. Nothing of significant note was mentioned in this weeks weekly update other then the fact that Reach went gold the other day. Plus the fact that the new Falcon can only hold a total of three people. Two door gunners and a pilot. Oh, and there was this too.

"Forklifts never die. They're only missing in action." - Was the caption.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-11-10, 01:34 PM

Interesting video on the new campaign Doelago. Some of those new weapons look good

And wow Holmstrom that picture gave the image resizer quite a job

Regards,
Jake.
post #53 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-21-10, 05:21 PM

Sorry I haven't updated you guys in a while, but honestly not much of note has been dispensed until now. Mainly a few multiplayer games released by Halo Waypoint, etc though there are a few things of interest.

For one, Bungie revealed their 'flair' nameplate system. Similar to Halo 3 players who had their gamertag linked with a bungie.net account, which earned them a septagon symbol. Though much more expansive. Now those who played a previous Bungie game, subscribed to Bungie Pro or even tested the Beta will earn a nameplate. This includes Halo: CE for the PC and even Marathon: Durandal for the Xbox Arcade.

(Note: If you still have a legit Halo: CE CD-key, hang on to it. You'll be using that to unlock the Halo 1 nameplate, much to the dismay of Xbox players of the game.)

Firefight has been pretty big in the Bungie news recently, and I'll post a few vids for your viewing pleasure. Like Halo 3: ODST's Firefight, but with a ridiculous amount of customization options. From giving all players unlimited ammo to setting every wave of enemies to Fuel Rod Cannon wielding Grunts. You can even fight Elites who fire Human weapons at you if you so desire. However the vanilla style of Firefight from ODST where you fight unlimited waves is the default for those wondering in case you want to keep things real.

Here's a vid of the Firefight map 'Corvette', which takes place inside the hanger of a Covenant Corvette class warship. And yes, the Engineers are returning from ODST. This time they are a much less pain in the ass, though. So put your plasma rifles away...unless that's how you roll.

Here's a vid from the Firefight map 'Outpost'. It takes place at a Covenant anti-air gun position and shows off the aforementioned customization.

Here's a vid from the map 'Beachhead'.

There is supposedly one more Firefight map called 'Glacier' that was leaked. I was fortunate enough to see the screenshot before the thread in another forum was deleted, and it was quite epic. You're basically fighting beneath a massive glacier besides a Forerunner structure beneath the surface of Reach.

Last but certainly not least, Bungie has confirmed that Campaign will have match making support for the first time in the series.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 08-21-10 at 05:52 PM.
post #54 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-21-10, 10:40 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Epic looking maps. Nice find

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #55 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 12:24 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Ok, now it is proved... This game is going to rape CoD: Black Ops like totally... No contest man, no contest...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #56 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 02:24 AM

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

'Five Ton Sledge' thats my gammertag youll probably see me on forge mode. ha i cant wait for no colide objects. yea im going to forge all night long.
post #57 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 08:28 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Why does the assault rifle still sound SO FUCKING STUPID?!

Serious, bring back the H1 murdermachine. (-_-)

post #58 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 04:11 PM

I agree that some weapons, such as the AR, sound more like cap guns than beasty corpse grinders. Even the .50 cal machine gun sounds gimped. That thing should sound like a Dragon getting ready to take a dump, but at least the Sniper Rifle sounds better this time around.

Anyway, I have a surprise for some of you guys. I've managed to locate a leaked video displaying almost all of the armor that is unlockable in the armory. Some will be happy to know that the Security armor is making a return, as is the Mk. V-VI helmets from the previous games. And FYI, I asked the mods if it was alright to post this so don't get your feathers ruffled. I figured it would help some people figure out what armor they wanna save up for without spending credits on things they'll probably ditch anyway.

Menu music is pretty cool too, I think.

*Armory Spoiler.*

I'm definitely going for the Gungnir helmet, though. It looks pretty snazzy. I just have to figure out how to unlock the damned thing.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 08-25-10 at 01:53 AM.
post #59 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 08:29 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

God... I predict a game of the year based on character customisation only!

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #60 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-24-10, 12:37 AM

Edit: The Youtube user has re-uploaded the Armory vid. I've fixed it. Enjoy.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 08-25-10 at 01:54 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode