Halo: Reach - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-27-10, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombreed View Post
Holmstrom: +rep for all the updates, thanks for the time and effort.

I was watching some of the Comic-Con coverage that they but on XBOX live and I heard that they added more armour abilities. Is this true and if it is what are they?
Thank you, Doombreed.

Unfortunately, I'm not much aware of anything else revealed by Bungie at Comoc-Con beyond the details of Forge 2.0. I can, however, list all the known armor abilities.

Jetpack - Self explanatory. Very loud, but very useful.
Hologram - Creates a brief holographic duplication of yourself which runs to a point on the map you designate via your targeting reticule.
Armor Lock - Freezes you while your armors shield system overloads, repelling any and all damage until your suits capacitor is depleted. As the armor lock disengages, it releases a small area of effect EMP which can damage shields.
Active Camo - Briefly renders you mostly invisible for a short time.
Drop Shield - Basically, the exact same thing as the Halo 3 bubble shield, but it is dispensed via a module on your suit with a brief energy charge.
Evade - Basically lets you roll/dodge out of the way with superhuman speeds at the cost of energy.
Sprint - You are able to run pretty fast for a short sprint, if that wasn't obvious already .

That's it, though I doubt there will be anymore. Most of the hoo-haa going on is about Forge and Firefight Versus Mode. (Firefight now has its own Match Making, FYI). Here's a clip of a Firefight Versus game from a Covenant players perspective. Kind of long, but you get the idea in the first few minutes of the vid and it displays some of the armor abilities for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-27-10, 07:29 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Ah yes. I had a lot of fun with the active camo. Got a lot of assassinations with it.
And on that same map, Holmstrom, there is some type of game type where you assault a few generators if your the covenant, and you defend them as the spartan. At least, it was some sort of public test or something when I was on it. It was really quite interesting.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #43 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-28-10, 01:20 AM

Doombreed's Flag is: USA

Thanks Holms, I think you just answered my question. In the beta there was no "hologram" or "drop sheild" ability (as far as I know). Kinda interested to see how the hologram pans out in multiplayer.
post #44 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-29-10, 06:50 PM

No problem, Doombreed.

Microsoft just pumped out a new teaser trailer for Halo: Reach. It isn't anything special, really. Nothing ground breakingly new is revealed or any of that jazz but it does offer a glimpse of some of the environments you will play-through in campaign. So if you're a video game purist and don't want some sleazy scum such as myself ruining your parade I'd advise you not watch this vid. You might go the way of the guys at the end of the first Indiana Jones movie...and nobody wants to clean up after that kind of mess.

A lot of people in the Halo forums are throwing fecal matter around in anger that Microsofts 'major announcement' wasn't major at all. Alls I can say is I told them so.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 07-29-10 at 07:10 PM.
post #45 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-29-10, 07:46 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

I didn't see the trailer yet, but man, I hope it's like the novel.

Edit: Oh, there it is ^ lol

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #46 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-29-10, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerHive View Post
I didn't see the trailer yet, but man, I hope it's like the novel.

Edit: Oh, there it is ^ lol
If it is, then (spoiler incoming) he must be one of the few who survived the glassing of the planet.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
post #47 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-30-10, 12:29 AM

ownzu's Flag is: United Kingdom

got mine preordered and paid for :D:D now if only i can get the 200 pound for the new slimbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull-killyork View Post
did you know the bermuda triangle was the bermuda square untill chuck norris round house kicked one of the corners off
post #48 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-30-10, 09:44 PM

This week I bring further information regarding Halo: Reach. Though I must warn you that I will be revealing a bit of spoilers from here on out. With that in mind, anyone wanting to maintain a 'surprise' with the game should keep there eyeballs stayed for the next few weeks. I'll be showing no mercy.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the Weekly Update didn't reveal much as far as the game is concerned other than a complete achievement reveal. I'll post the image at the bottom of the page for your viewing pleasure, but it's nice to see that Reach will have a full ten missions to fight through and plenty of other tidbit challenges to be, uh...achieved.

Most of the update involved a bunch of Forged maps that Bungie employees made and details about their move to a new dev studio which is, to say the least, pretty damned cool looking.

^- I want one.

So, that's pretty much it this week. Again, if you want more details just see the update yourself via the link. And before I forget...here's those achievements. I'll also sling a few of those Forged maps your way. They're basically just showing you the kind of stuff the average Joe can create. Forge is looking pretty nifty as they basically gave you the closest thing to making your very own maps with a console Halo game.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 07-30-10 at 10:49 PM.
post #49 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-06-10, 11:15 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Not wanting to steal your job or something Holmstrom, I did decide to give you this, a extended look at the Halo: Reach campaign... It contains heavy SPOILERS, so you have been warned... There is a guy from Bungie telling us stuff, and that IGN guy is basically asking questions...

And if you really dont want to be spoiled from now on, I would advice doing these things:

1. Dont open your TV

2. Dont use your computer

3. Dont read the newsletter

4. Dont open the door to anyone, no, not even your mom...

5. Break your phone, or just shut it, but by the sake of the Prophets, do not answear it!

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #50 of 277 (permalink) Old 08-07-10, 12:08 AM

Space Combat looks awesome. Also nice to see they're bringing back the Covenant Drop ship from Combat Evolved. Nice find

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode