Halo: Reach - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 277 (permalink) Old 06-15-10, 05:34 PM

The space combat does look awesome, but I hope that it isn't too much of an arcadish deal. Granted the game engine is built for FPS's, not combat flight simulators.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 277 (permalink) Old 06-15-10, 07:46 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Apparantely you can move around fully in Space Combat, its just that the demo campaign they showed they just went forward rather then flying around.
That's cool. Thanks for answering that

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #23 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-12-10, 07:13 PM

The new Bungie weekly update revealed a few 'Oh, that's nice.' things. Of note, the fact that multiplayer will have 120 unique medals that can be earned. I think there were only 60 in Halo: 3. So that can be perceived as a good sign of things to come. They also said there will be a shitload of armor permutations available from anything such as a pre-order at a specific retailer, through achievements earned in past Halo games via Waypoint to what kind of rank you have. So it looks like there will also be a fairly deep amount of armor customization.

I think the beta testers might of earned a permutation, too. But we'll have to see what happens I guess. I just know I'll miss my Marathon security armor once I place Halo 3 on the dusty shelf.

Here's the article.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 07-12-10 at 07:17 PM.
post #24 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-12-10, 08:20 PM

Interesting. Looks like i'll get 2 or 3 different armor permutations upon receiving Halo: Reach. I pre ordered Halo Reach legendary edition from gamestop. Too bad I didn't know at the time how freakin expensive it will be.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
post #25 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-12-10, 09:07 PM

It makes sense to have a lot more armor customising. Afterall there are going to be a lot more Spartans/Elites for obvious reasons

Sounds good though!

Regards,
Jake.
post #26 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-12-10, 09:58 PM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

Reach does look like an epic collection of everything thats cool with halo and more!

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #27 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-17-10, 08:33 PM

I bring further news regarding Halo: Reach from the Bungie.net website. Again, I'll post a link to the weekly update for those wishing to digest it, but I'll pretty much cover everything worth noting.

For starters, the game is only 8 weeks away barring any resonance cascade scenarios, xeno invasion, or nuclear and/or zombie holocausts.

Anyway, they elaborated a bit on an interesting tool that reminds me much of Duke Nukem 3D. (Or even MDK, if any soul knows what I'm talking about). That is, the hologram distraction. This hologram creates a duplicate image of yourself that lasts for about 10 seconds, and runs towards a location marked by your target reticule. The holo can even be launched over grav lifts. I can see this being used by snipers to a great degree of success in throwing off anyone who has them under their crosshairs and the like. Might bring in some balance issues, but they said that the game settings can be set to prevent equipment being used (like the holo) on or near objectives.

Makes you wonder what some of the yet to be revealed equipment choices will be.

But above all else, Blood Gulch will return. Yes, they said it. Blood Gulch is back. Fuck yeah! Also, here is basically the level of player customization available.

Here's the Weekly Update.
post #28 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-17-10, 09:47 PM

That looks bloody awesome actually. Thanks for constantly bringing us updates on Halo: Reach

Regards,
Jake.
post #29 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-17-10, 10:23 PM

You're welcome, Red Corsairs. :D

I've actually never been this jumpy over a video game. Aside from Dust 514, I'd say. But I figure sifting through the weekly updates at Bungie for juicy information would prove useful to those interested in Reach. Hah, and hearing about Blood Gulch made my jaw drop.

I don't understand why it wasn't included in Halo 3 in one form or another. Perhaps it was due to how powerful aircraft had become, but that isn't something a few trees and heavy weapons can't solve. Regardless. It's about time they brought it back.
post #30 of 277 (permalink) Old 07-18-10, 01:40 AM

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=1376

That video shows what Blood Gulch will look like in Reach. And it also shows the hologram in use. Its pretty cool.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode