Halo: Reach - Page 27 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #261 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-14-10, 04:36 PM

Those maps look gorgious. I'm not sure how well they'll play, but they look incredible. It's a bummer that they're announcing new maps so early after launch since it may render some playlists unavailable to those without the coin, though.

I'm more interested in that Forge contest they've announced. Im working on a BTB map that I think would be a good contender, but it's not completed yet. I'll be interested in playtesting it if anyone is game. No ETA as of yet, but I think I'll be finished by the weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-14-10, 04:40 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

I suck at forging, so I wont enter, but I could always play test someones map(s)... Just drop me a message on XBL or invite me for a game when it is ready!

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #263 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-14-10, 08:04 PM

Gotcha. It fits the requirement for Team Slayer for the BTB entry, but I want to make it multi-flag CTF capable. Which, as it turns out, is a huge pain in the ass since you have to label a bunch of specific things.

I should be done today.

EDIT: I pretty much finished up that map. Might need a few tweaks but it's 8v8 CTF or Team Slayer capable and, vehicularly, is focused around Warthog/Falcon combat with a dash of Ghost. I'll be needing to play a full game anyway since the entry requires a film along with some screenshots :S.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 10-14-10 at 09:20 PM.
post #264 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-15-10, 01:45 AM

CursedUNTILLDEATH's Flag is: USA

NEW MAPS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1111!!!!!111!!!1
That is all...
And ill play test your map if your on sometime Holmstrom. Can probly get a few of my friends to help to.

"If there is any primarch who should have never been found, its Lorgar. Why? Two words. Hours Hersey"
"It was a 1......why was it a 1!"
Yes, I do play orks, yes, I do have quite a few boys on the table, and yes, it does take me a while to move them...got a problem with that...
post #265 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-15-10, 07:52 PM

My map is now 'Beta' and in my accounts file share system. Titled 'Vanguard', it is an 8v8 oriented map that currently supports Team Slayer, Multiflag CTF and King of The Hill. I'd like to schedule a time for people to play it with any buddies they want to invite for a string of friendly custom games to get the feel for her and change things as needed.

It's set up in the Hemorrhage canyon with two heavily fortified bases for each team. Centerfield sports a Halo: CEish structure that might bring back memories of the 2nd level of that game with a Rocket Launcher to boot. Two teleporters will send you to a structure overlooking the entire area that offers a Falcon to whichever team can control it.

FYI: Just go to the link below and click on 'download'. The map will then automatically download once you start up Halo: Reach. Also, not that I'd suspect any of you's to do such a thing, but attempting to enter this map as your own won't work. It's signed and dated.

'Vanguard' Bungie.net File Share Link.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 10-17-10 at 09:50 PM.
post #266 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-15-10, 09:02 PM
I am Alpharius.

Downloading, will check it out tomorrow, or actually today, the clock is 00.01, but you get it...Feed back coming within the next 15 hours....

post #267 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-15-10, 09:21 PM

I appreciate it, Doelago. No rush, of course. The entry window closes on the 28th of November.
post #268 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-16-10, 10:15 AM
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
I appreciate it, Doelago. No rush, of course. The entry window closes on the 28th of November.
Just drove around and took a look at the map, and I am impressed... Your forging skills are very impressive, I spent probably ten minutes just looking at the building in the middle of the map, and the Falcon landing pad thing on top of the canyon wall was pretty impressive as well... I also loved the new look on the bases at each side of the canyon, as they are far more impressive with the additional parts... Cant really rate playability, as I was alone, and had no one to kill, but it seemed pretty solid, and there is sure as hell going to be a rush for the Falcon, as it could turn the out come of the battle in any game mode...

post #269 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-16-10, 11:02 AM

Thanks! I spent a lot of time on the buildings. The Falcon structure actually used to have two Shade turrets on platforms but...well, they're stupidly weak. It took nearly 30 solid seconds of firing in to a stationary Falcon to blow it up which is absurd. I can't imagine how long it would take to bring down a flying Falcon with one, so I took them out.

As far as any changes that may occur, it'll likely be weapons capable of bringing down that Falcon in the event of a spawn trap. Though I think I have things covered even when not including the centerfield Rocket Launcher. Warthogs can tear one up if they have a good gunner and the DMR's on the 2nd floor of each base (if the chosen gametype doesn't give players DMR's at spawn) can shoot one down if enough shots are fired. Not to mention the Sniper Rifles.
post #270 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-16-10, 04:59 PM
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
Thanks! I spent a lot of time on the buildings. The Falcon structure actually used to have two Shade turrets on platforms but...well, they're stupidly weak. It took nearly 30 solid seconds of firing in to a stationary Falcon to blow it up which is absurd. I can't imagine how long it would take to bring down a flying Falcon with one, so I took them out.

As far as any changes that may occur, it'll likely be weapons capable of bringing down that Falcon in the event of a spawn trap. Though I think I have things covered even when not including the centerfield Rocket Launcher. Warthogs can tear one up if they have a good gunner and the DMR's on the 2nd floor of each base (if the chosen gametype doesn't give players DMR's at spawn) can shoot one down if enough shots are fired. Not to mention the Sniper Rifles.
Cant wait to see what you might still do, and I believe that you have very good chances to actually win something, as the map is Bungie quality straight from the package! So, good luck and may the force be with you!*

*The Star Wars fan boy thingie has struck me again after to much Clone Wars... Sigh...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode