Halo: Reach - Page 25 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-04-10, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
I bought this game thinking it would top Halo 3, which is one of my favourite games ever, but boy was I disappointed. The multiplayer is just like a map pack for H3, and the graphics aren't really any better. Considering I wracked up a huge amount of hours on Halo 3, and only have played about three hours of Reach I was really disappointed.
the multiplayer of halo 3 was just like a map pack for H2 and the multiplayer of H2 was just like a map pack of halo 1.

the reason the Graphics are not much better is because of a simple limitation called the xbox 360. halo 3 was already a HIGH graphic game on the system.

Graphics are NOT what makes a game though, its the game play.

So lets see Reach compared to Halo 3: weapons are different. the DMR does one shot that does about the damage of the Battle rifle burst. this makes it harder to headshot someone, but not take away the damage.

the fact is: Halo reach does not have much thats radically new, rather its a perfect blend from ALL the halos before it. Taking away duel weilding, bringing the pistol back to its glory, for halo 1 ideas. DMR to bring about the halo 2 and 3 Battle rifle but make it not as OP as it was. etc.

But there is a few things that have been added though, dont get me wrong. persistant armor abilities. Thats a HUGE one, the whole Jet packs. New game types like Head hunter, Invasion. etc. go play those or a slayer that allows jump packs. oh its no longer halo 3 map upgrade. Sprinting is another big addition in the armors which I use ALOT for horizontal maps. and I use jump pack on the vericals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-04-10, 09:02 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
I remember when Halo 2 came out, ton of people complained about certain drastic changes from Halo: CE. The population eventually simmered down. When Halo 3 came out, a ton of people complained about the changes. Again, the population eventually simmered down.

I don't think it will be any different for Reach. Although certain stigmas will of course be met with continual scrutiny, such as the bloom a lot of folk seem to be unable to comprehend. That's not to say that certain criticism isn't valid, of course. I, for one, am none too pleased with many of the maps in Halo: Reach. Paradiso, for example, appears to me that it was hastily assembled. The Red/Blue bases offer poor protection against spawn trappers unlike the structures of Hemorrhage.

Whether this was to motivate the community to build better Forge World maps or not is up for debate, but it certainly could have been better.
Totally agree about the maps, I just get the sense that bungie didn't try as hard with the reach maps when compared to the H3 maps. The small amount of maps is also pretty annoying, hopefully we'll see some DLC soon.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #243 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-04-10, 08:08 PM

I'd rather see a meaty Forge World pack. Not that there aren't more Halo 2 and even CE remakes on the way, but I've seen a few screenshots of unusual maps that might make the cut from the community. While a good map pack DLC would be great, the problem is that they cost money. Forge World maps wouldn't.

However, if the DLC included a new Forge World. Say... With snowy or desert terrain, I'd be more than happy to purchase it.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 10-04-10 at 11:42 PM.
post #244 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-04-10, 08:48 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

A snow Forge World and I would be willing to pay 2100 MPs for it!

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #245 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 03:03 AM

CursedUNTILLDEATH's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
A snow Forge World and I would be willing to pay 2100 MPs for it!
I would pay a kindey for a desert, snow,forest and jungle (maybe a urban one to) forge maps. bunge says they might be getting some communtiy maps out by november (they said no promises though). Heres to waitng...

"If there is any primarch who should have never been found, its Lorgar. Why? Two words. Hours Hersey"
"It was a 1......why was it a 1!"
Yes, I do play orks, yes, I do have quite a few boys on the table, and yes, it does take me a while to move them...got a problem with that...
post #246 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedUNTILLDEATH View Post
I would pay a kindey for a desert, snow,forest and jungle (maybe a urban one to) forge maps. bunge says they might be getting some communtiy maps out by november (they said no promises though). Heres to waitng...
They'd better. I've been working on some maps lately that show some potential, and it would be an injustice if some of the maps I've already seen created by others are not implemented in to the playlist circuits.

I'm already about 80% finished a symmetrical 4v4 objective oriented map in the colliseum as well as a BTB field in the canyon. I expanded on that one map you saw Lego and I working on, Cursed, which might be finished in a week or two depending on my schedule...and weed supply .
post #247 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeed... sounds good right about now
post #248 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 03:16 PM

I feel that the single player was too short. As always with halo actually.

Online play is ace however.
post #249 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 06:34 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Try to put it on Legendary and put all the skulls on... It extends the campaign by quite a few minutes (*Hours...)

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

Last edited by Doelago; 10-05-10 at 06:40 PM.
post #250 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 06:48 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
Try to put it on Legendary and put all the skulls on... It extends the campaign by quite a few minutes (*Hours...)
and the amount of times you swear will lower your lifespan by half.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode