Halo: Reach - Page 22 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 01:47 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

I love how people like to sound that they know everything about sniping just from playing Halo, when Halo sniping is usually done from about 2 feet away from your enemy, considering how the maps favour close quarters and open areas are usually avoided like the plague.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
I love how people like to sound that they know everything about sniping just from playing Halo, when Halo sniping is usually done from about 2 feet away from your enemy, considering how the maps favour close quarters and open areas are usually avoided like the plague.
I play mostly swat and snipers. I AM the sniper type in halo, and in CSS, and in BC2...
post #213 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 03:56 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Sniping is sniping. And if it takes place 2 feet away; that's just blowing some dudes head odd with an elephant gun.
post #214 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 05:34 PM
blahblahblahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
Sniping is sniping. And if it takes place 2 feet away; that's just blowing some dudes head odd with an elephant gun.
sniping from 2 feet away isn't sniping, otherwise a guy with a shotgun could be called a sniper, it takes no skill to shoot someone 2 feet away and then riflebutt his unshielded ass.

post #215 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 06:00 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Thank you for agreeing with me.

I can see where the confusion came from though. My post was poorly worded.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 10-01-10 at 06:04 PM.
post #216 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 09:20 PM

Skill this, skill that...

I'll say what I always do in the Bungie forums when the 'S' word crops up. Skill is the ability to take advantage of anything at your disposal to help secure a victory. Whether it be Armor Abilities, weapons or team communication. Someone might brag about how awesome they are with the Sniper Rifle or whatever, but if they can't hold their own anywhere else in the game they're an anchor on the team if shit hits the fan.

Of course the objective of any video game is entertainment first and foremost, however it's valid for a certain crowd to view the game in a competitive context.
post #217 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-02-10, 04:55 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Never really cared for the 'competitive' part of the game. I just wanna kill people in a variety of humorous ways. If I win, that's cool, if I don't, that's ok too.

On a complete 180; I have to say that Elite slayer is hilariously fun.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #218 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-02-10, 07:23 AM

Yeah. Fun is the ultimate objective out of all those fancy explosions and hilarious t-bag trophy shots throughout every File Share out there. I get my jollies out of putting up a hell of a fight. Winning is always my objective, but I don't mind a tie or a loss so long as it was a good game. What gets me super-pissed is when horrendous things begin to happen. Multi-team SWAT is a corpse grinder.

The other night I was killed in less than a full second of spawning five times throughout a match. It's aggravating beyond measure, and I stick to saying that Multi-Team needs to have two teams cut out of it. On maps like Countdown, there are just way too many bodies roaming around for fair spawning.

Elite gametypes should have their own playlists, IMO. I prefer playing as Spartans, but every now and then I require my Covenant 'fix'. Taking the Human weapons out of a match changes the style of gameplay completely and can be a blast. There's plenty of hardcore Elite players out there to justify it anyway, I'd say, but I'm content either way in the end.
post #219 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-02-10, 08:35 AM
blahblahblahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosRedCorsairLord View Post
Never really cared for the 'competitive' part of the game. I just wanna kill people in a variety of humorous ways. If I win, that's cool, if I don't, that's ok too.
same, some of my best games so far have been losses, charging into tanks running away to grenade them, running and jumping from ghosts trying to run me over, running from one side of the map to the other being chased by a guy with a sword, all fun.

although I've noticed even when you look for games just for fun allot of the players on your team quit, like in one CTF game where we defended our flag one round, I captured it the second, and my team quits.......great, its now 1 on 4, still fun, but I'm afraid Halo players are quite pathetic most of the time, they rage quit easier than a teen on modern combat.

and I was embarresed to see that T-bagging is still popular, quite sad really.

post #220 of 277 (permalink) Old 10-02-10, 01:30 PM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

SWAT in general pisses me off. Its just too much to do with who-sees-who-first for my liking. At least in regular games you have a chance if someone gets the jump on you.

I have to say; I was a sprint man when the game first can out, but armour lock is really growing on me. Its fun to absorb a melee with it then pop back up and surprise your enemy with a punch in the face.

Quote:
and I was embarresed to see that T-bagging is still popular, quite sad really.
[sarcasm]Ooow. I'm so insulted, you're online character is rubbing his crotch in my online character's face. I'm gonna go cry now.[/sarcasm]

Whenever I see people T-bagging I just laugh at them and point out how pathetic they are. People need to grow up.

EDIT: I just played a multi-team SWAT, and it was insane! People get shot like every two seconds. There's no point even using a strategy, just charge in and join the meat grinder. I managed to pull away with an insane KD spread though, which was pretty cool.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...

Last edited by ChaosRedCorsairLord; 10-02-10 at 01:40 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode