Halo: Reach - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-12-10, 01:28 PM

search116's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws900 View Post
over priced crap only alive becuase of the Halo name.

Seriously why not just make a new game and let Halo slowly die.
*hears halo fan boys rage*

I have NEVER liked halo. The game play is standard now a days and EVERY shooting is compared to halo. it's f@#king annoying. Ever franchise needs to die at some point and if it was truly good it will live on without new games every 5 f@#king seconds. This applys to Tv shows too. Here is just a short list of shows/games that haven't had any sequals or new games for a while but are still classics.

Red Dwarf
Pychonoughts
Star Trek Voyager - Elite Force
Castle Crashers
Swat 4
Monty Pyton (moives and shows)
Take the trolling somewhere else

On the other hand Halo reach is awesome it made me forget my best friends birthday lol. ITs gonna be little room for letdown and if it as good as the beta was I would willingly spend 120 bucks on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-12-10, 01:43 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by search116 View Post
On the other hand Halo reach is awesome it made me forget my best friends birthday lol. ITs gonna be little room for letdown and if it as good as the beta was I would willingly spend 120 bucks on it
L O L... But I agree with you, the game is awesome, and I would be willing ot even buy a new Xbox if needed to play it!

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #93 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-12-10, 07:45 PM

CursedUNTILLDEATH's Flag is: USA

Reach..in two days...no more MW2...thank you god...thank you.

Now to be seroius, yes halos gameplay is based on a classic forumala, whats wrong with that? It is a slower pace then MW2, has more of a emphisis on teamwork and isnt full of bullshit perk/weapon combos (to all you kids who think that danger close-one man army- noob tubes is a legit class, go get some skill and stop trash talking).

But then again Halo can get boring fast if your playing alone without friends (MW2 does to but not so much). I played the reach beta and wasnt to impresed but i think bungie has been working out the kinks and the new maps look awesome (forge world FTW).

I think that both COD and Halo need a rest for a while after thier next to games, but activison is going to milk COD like theirs no tommarow...halo needs a proper sequal but wiht bungie out of the picture after reach well just have to wait for microsofts next move.

"If there is any primarch who should have never been found, its Lorgar. Why? Two words. Hours Hersey"
"It was a 1......why was it a 1!"
Yes, I do play orks, yes, I do have quite a few boys on the table, and yes, it does take me a while to move them...got a problem with that...
post #94 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-13-10, 02:28 AM

The emphasis on team work is what I love about Halo multiplayer, or for any FPS multiplayer game for that matter when it's there. I don't dig the FFA attitude of CoD which exists in every single playlist. Even on team-objective type games, everyone just wants to score kills. Winning the match is just a bonus. But if that's your kind of game, to each his own.

Though if you ask me, I'd rather see the franchise end at Reach instead of a Halo 4. Some stories, in my opinion, are better when they end in a somewhat open ended manner.
post #95 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-13-10, 02:52 AM

CursedUNTILLDEATH's Flag is: USA

Halo badly needs a rest period after reach, like 5-10 years in my opainin. I do want more halo games but i see your point, as i thought that bungie would have worked on something else for a while after halo 3. Well i was wrong and we got ODST.
O well at least bungie did a good job with reach, reviews i am seeing are very good (as expected) i am so getting this game tuesday. I also prefer the team work element over FFA as FFA gets old fast and makes it difficult to work with people that arnt your friends. One thing i liked about halo 3 was you didnt get Exp unless you won, which is a big motivation to stick togother and work for the team, not K/D.
No more COD...No more noobs...no more hackers...Bungie were would i be without you.

"If there is any primarch who should have never been found, its Lorgar. Why? Two words. Hours Hersey"
"It was a 1......why was it a 1!"
Yes, I do play orks, yes, I do have quite a few boys on the table, and yes, it does take me a while to move them...got a problem with that...
post #96 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-13-10, 04:35 AM
I am Alpharius.

Tomorrow Reach falls... And fall it will... Wuhu! But I guess tomorrow will be a good bye to Halo 3... Wont be playing it until I run out of XBL I guess...

post #97 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-13-10, 04:40 AM

Eh, I stopped playing Halo 3 once the population online took a huge nosedive and all the MLG private parties began teaming up on the randoms in the Social playlists. Not very fun.
post #98 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-13-10, 01:04 PM
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
Eh, I stopped playing Halo 3 once the population online took a huge nosedive and all the MLG private parties began teaming up on the randoms in the Social playlists. Not very fun.
Wtf? I still find Halo 3 fun after all the days of playing...

post #99 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-13-10, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
Wtf? I still find Halo 3 fun after all the days of playing...
Might be due to the fact that I usually only play games during the week nights where the population is disgustingly thin.
post #100 of 277 (permalink) Old 09-13-10, 01:33 PM
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
Might be due to the fact that I usually only play games during the week nights where the population is disgustingly thin.
Erh... The usual thing is to play 24/7....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode