RE: garry newman (creater of gmod has gone to far) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-10, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Chaoz94's Flag is: England

RE: garry newman (creater of gmod has gone to far)

ok first of read this post hes done on his website :
http://www.garrysmod.com/news/?p=9707

or if your not willing to read the text
heres the main point summed up
"If you are a member of garrysmod.org, from the 14th of April onwards (to coincide with the Facepunch forum registration) you will now need to pay for the downloads (this is too help with increasing bandwith costs). The cost for a download ranges between 10 pence to around £1, depending on what the newly assigned moderators of Garrysmod.org feel the mod is worth (This will be checked regularly, and the moderators are a unbiased team). Every download which is currently on the website will be checked over the next week for compatibility and copyright, and those which donít match which are required will be removed. This is to help you get the most out of the mod, as well as reduce the number of problems which mods have when garrysmod is updated."

ok so either this is an april fools joke
or if this is serious (which i actually suspect and im not very gullable by the way)
then im afraid that Mr newman has gone too far , ok so i was sorta alright with the registering and making sure gmod is installed (not that i even play it anymore but still) but now he CHARGES for mods

im sorry but hes gone too far imo
discuss?
chaoz

http://chaoz94.mybrute.com

" The extra spears were to make it more killy, I don't give a damn if it looks chaos-y or not. It's made to kill shit." crimson_chin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
*picture of a Cultist riding a Trygon*
Whee captoured eet fhour CHAOZ!
lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-10, 12:07 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

I think paying as little as 10p to £1 to cover the guys expenses in providing entertainment to people is perfectly fair. It's hardly going to bankrupt anyone.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-10, 10:21 AM
Classs's Flag is: Australia

Being posted on april the 1st id say its a joke taking the piss out of DRM.

"Don’t worry about your mods being sold for profit, as you will too be earning some money from this. With each download of your mod you will earn between 1% to 10...so do not worry about being ripped off."

Obviously a joke.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-10, 10:44 AM

screenedwings's Flag is: Netherlands

I think we gotta w8, we dont know if its an april the 1th joke....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-10, 11:10 AM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

I woudlnt be suprised if its a joke since its rare that something serious would ever get posted on the first of April. Since no noe would ever take it seriously regardless of what got stated.

But we should just wait, but evne if we do wait i still cant see them charging for Mods though. Only time will tell i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode