Elder Scrolls V: When the Hell? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-10, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Elder Scrolls V: When the Hell?

Just as the title says... Does anyone have even the slightest idea of when this will be released? I've tried all of my resources and have only found a few reviews hinting at its release coming in the later months of 2010, to me it seems highly unlikely as they haven't even released a trailer yet or announced it - though I'm sure work has at least started.

I'm just hoping it comes out around the time I do everything there is to do in New Vegas and God of War III.

If anyone has an inkling of when it comes out pleas link it to the thread and I'll hope it isn't an MMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-10, 01:32 PM

Wraithian's Flag is: USA

If I had to guess, I wouldn't put any money down to say it's going to be this year. Bethesda is an interesting company... Instead of spamming the market with sub-standard/sub-par games *cough* EA *cough*, they put out maybe one quality product a year (saying that when they put something out, chances are good it's going to be great, even though it's the only game they release in a years span). With Fallout: New Vegas coming out this year, I'd be willing to wager that we won't see an Elder Scrolls V until next year.

Believe me, I'm bummed, too.

Level me up! I, too, wish to storm the lands of mortals reaping what is truly mine...but for now, I am but a wee spot of energy...

Clicky!

"I embrace death without fear as I embrace life without regret."
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-10, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Yeah, just hopefully it comes out once I've done everything there is to do in New Vegas... That'd work out perfectly.

I'm primarily a little ticked because their site hasn't really had an update in a long time also.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-10, 09:14 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Why does New Vegas have anything to do with it?

Obsidian are developing it, not Bethsoft. They're only publishing it (sans a small team helping with the engine, from memory)

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-10, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Why does New Vegas have anything to do with it?

Obsidian are developing it, not Bethsoft. They're only publishing it (sans a small team helping with the engine, from memory)
Just saying it'll be something to occupy a massive amount of time... I'm hoping the two fit together perfectly so once I'm "done" with one I can go straight to the other!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-10, 06:16 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ah, tis all good.

Still, at least New Vegas is set in the real Fallout setting and not the pansy Capital Wasteland with it's traitorous Brotherhood.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-10, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Ah, tis all good.

Still, at least New Vegas is set in the real Fallout setting and not the pansy Capital Wasteland with it's traitorous Brotherhood.
Yeah, I'm playing through the older ones again and fantasizing about the cancelled Van Buren -reading up on it, such a damned waste! - Can't wait to go back out west... The Capital Wasteland was awesome but I agree with you all the way.

I've also got to say that I'm hoping they incorporate a lot from Van Buren , same company so I've got my fingers crossed!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-10, 08:47 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

according to a few sources at the time work on it commenced around the time of oblivions initial release, going by how long they take on each game I would say this time next year (or a little later)

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode