Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-10, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

Default Battlefield: Bad Company 2

So, does anyone lurking the forums have this game? If you are familiar with the previous titles of the Battlefield franchise or are looking for a good wide-scale multiplayer FPS game, then I highly recommend this title. Available for the PC, 360 and PS3.

It's simply awesome. Environments offer destructible buildings and foliage. Vehicular combat involving main battle tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, helicopters...it goes on. It isn't as forgiving as Modern Warfare 2 and requires a much greater emphasis on team work, but is extremely fun. The maps are huge, it's full of unlockables, xp awards/pins for battlefield accomplishments (killing a certain amount of enemies in one life, taking an objective, ect...) and a few different game modes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-10, 09:47 AM

satanic ruin's Flag is: Ireland

yeah great game
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-10, 10:28 AM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

A awesome game. The only thing that annoys me is when I am attacking on rush and half my squad members of god damn snipers so when I die I have to either spawn all the way back at base or with them and they are nearly always so far away from the action.
Its worst on the island level.

Snipers on the attacking team just piss me off.

But when you have a squad full of your mates on mics its great fun.

It does led its self to some great wow moments. I just love looking up and seeing missiles scream into a black hawk and watching it crash to the ground. Or when you run out of a building see a tank run back in and just see the wall explode in a shower of bricks and dust.

Been playing SP today and just noticed a few funny lines about COD MW2 in it.
Such as "they will just send in pussy spec ops with heartbeat monitors on there guns" and "snowmobile races are for pussies" haha

Last edited by Talos; 05-01-10 at 06:18 PM.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-10, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

FYI, I've returned this game. Yes, it has come to that. Why?

This game had everything it needed to be awesome. Excellent maps, a wondrous destruction engine and more weapons available than you can shake a stick at. I loved it. So, why return it?

The players, frankly, have ruined it. It seems just about every person on your team is a sniper no matter what game mode you play. They are solely concerned with racking up a sick K/D ratio or spamming mortar strikes than actually winning. It just isn't fun anymore. There is no team incentive unless you play with some friends or magically happen to find a team that works together.

Single player was fun though. It didn't have as many wise cracks as the first game, but it was still very enjoyable.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-10, 10:06 PM

Jackinator's Flag is: United Kingdom

Holstrom, I'm just wondering, do you play hardcore cause I've noticed that there are far less recon players about on standard settings. But yes, its a great game but very occasionally is spoiled by the players.

Fortunately its not quite as bad as CoD in that respect, no glitches (that I've seen), nigh on impossible to effectively spawn camp, well balanced weapons and a destructible environment make this game superior to CoD as a tactical shooter, as unlike CoD this game requires some skill.

I must say its not nice when you're entire team is snipers but I think its worse on Rush when your defending and the attackers are all snipers, its so boring, at least if your attacking and your team's all snipers you can still run in and get a few surprise kills on the enemy.

[ah enemy all hiding in that big house with sniper rifles, C4, C4, C4, C4, click, BOOM!!]

Anyway, I rarely go on my xbox anymore unless my friends are on so I'm usually playing with at least one decent team mate, our favourite is to go dual recon on hardcore and storm the enemy base with pistols, you'd be surprised how few people expect it on Hardcore Rush.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-10, 08:18 AM

I almost exclusively play hardcore, and I can tell you, it can get pretty damn annoying when 4/5ths of the team is snipers.

I mean I play sniper because I enjoy the class, not for some silly KDR stat. I enjoy taking out that guy aiming a rocket at our Bradley, I enjoy taking out the guy attempting to plant/disarm the bomb, I enjoy taking out the guy on the heavy machine gun pinning my squad down. I don't care about some silly e-peen0r stat such as KDR/accuracy.

I play on Hardcore because when I play assault, I don't want to empty an entire damn clip at a guy only to have him stare at me like I'm stupid. 3-4 shots and you would be dead IRL, shit less than that.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-10, 07:48 PM
Lord of Decay

FATHER NURGLE's Flag is: United Kingdom

Never Played It But I Want To My Mates Say Its Multi Player Is As Good As Mw2 =]

"Blessed Are Those Who Seek My Plauge"
"AUTISM WARHAMMER & BRUTAL DEATH METAL"
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-10, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATHER NURGLE View Post
Never Played It But I Want To My Mates Say Its Multi Player Is As Good As Mw2 =]
Better than MW2 as there is a large absence of 14 year olds screaming for their mums to get them a sandwich on mics.

Not to mention none of the BS bugs that MW2 has/had.

Suicide javelin anyone?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-10, 01:43 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Played it at my brothers' friend's house. It's kick ass. There was a guy sniping out of a tower this one time. I blew him up and took the top part of the tower out too. Really worth playing

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-10, 02:29 AM
Imperial Major

Daniel Harper's Flag is: Great Britain

I've clocked countless hours on it, along with my brother while I'm at work. Yes it does rely on if your team sucks but theres a simple way to remedy that, be an ass to them. Pop a smoke grenade in front of their sights or park a car down range in the way. (NOTE: I do not approve of playing like an ass)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode