Warhammer 40k MMO - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-23-10, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Warhammer 40k MMO

This game looks like it's going to be pretty sick.

heres some of the stuff about it
  • All of the races that are important to Warhammer lore will be included, either through playable races or NPC's
  • Gameplay will be based around fire-fights, tactics, cover and general brutality (which is befitting a game set in the grim future)
  • Explore places such as: Exotic Alien Temples, Chaos Shrines, Deserted Battlefields, Mysterious Ruins, Ancient Structures, Drifting Hulks in Space, etc..
  • The game is set in the 41st millennium, well after the Horus Heresy and more contemporary to the tabletop game

I think it could play out well though. THQ did really good with the dawn of war series, so it makes sense that they are making this one. The devs have been pretty secretive though, its getting announced officially at E3 this year.

Theres also this squad system that this guy was talking about, where you have npc squad members that follow you.

heres where i found the stuff: 40ksource.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-25-10, 06:26 PM

Usaal's Flag is: Canada

I hope this does not end up as a 3rd person view like in Dawn of war, I would prefer the MMO style that we currently enjoy in other games such as Warhammer online.

I wonder if they will do fun things like make the IG choice a commisar who summons up guards men to fight for him, as a way to balance out a Space marine vs him?

post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-25-10, 07:00 PM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

Sounds like a dream coming true!

I've be looking forward for news like this... since I haven't heard anything about Space Marine: the game in half a year...

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...
post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-25-10, 07:45 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

If they managed to create a WH40K that had the gameplay of WoW, I'm pretty sure my wife would divorce me and I'd gain roughly 200 lbs and move back into my parents' house

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-26-10, 03:38 AM

What about the SM chapters is it just going to be the Ultra Smurfs. Or can you be a wolf from Feneris.
post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-27-10, 10:40 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Psh who needs loyalists

CSMs!

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-28-10, 01:11 AM

Scyfus's Flag is: Canada

Imagine that... A warparty of 50 players, all having like, 10 ork npcs with them... Brings a tear to my eye...
post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-28-10, 01:53 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplinWhulfgar View Post
What about the SM chapters is it just going to be the Ultra Smurfs. Or can you be a wolf from Feneris.
I would think you would be able to customize your armor and chapter. Maybe you will be able to set chapter affiliation during character creation.... maybe they will even let you use GKs.lol OPed goodness. Will there be classes like chaplain, librarian, tac marine, apoth or something else?
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-10, 02:09 AM

This is gonna be huge if it ever gets off the ground. It be sweet to start on feneris or any of the other Sm worlds or even the eye of terror if you CSM
post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-08-10, 11:05 AM

thecrimsonsniper's Flag is: Australia

Whenever someone mentions mmo I think mmorpg, which immediatatly springs to mind Automated Combat. Sure, people brag about how great it is with all it's micro-management, but at the end of the day, it's crap. I'd like to see Elements of shooters included, mabye some close-combat action from games like Ninja Gaiden or something like that, or at least something like Oblivion. Whether my prayers will be answered or not, time will tell.

Next thing, subscriptions. I personally think it's daylight robbery, we have to buy the game and THEN pay to actually play it, and then they expect you to buy expansions as well. Hopefully THQ are gonna be somewhat smart and have a one-time purchase thing, something like the Battlefield series or something. Time will tell

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode