Warhammer 40k MMO - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-08-10, 07:34 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Well, I heard that WoW is actually considering going free to subscirbe.
But still, I heard that the developers are thinking around $13 a month for subscription for this.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 06:22 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Wow free? That would be epic and will never fucking happen. Sad
post #73 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-05-10, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
Wow free? That would be epic and will never fucking happen. Sad
/necro

Never say never. D&DOnline was nearly dead before they went to a F2P model. They've made far more money in that model than they ever did with subscriptions. LOTR is heading that route, and wispers of WAR also moving that route. Make sense in a way - with all the love for DLC, those wishing to invest the capital to make their character better/unlock areas are going to do so.

Blizz makes a metric ton of cash off of WoW, but the subscription base has been getting smaller over time. Lots of options for players out there, and most newbies having to start @ vanilla makes them quit. It was something like 70% of subscribers quit before level 20 LOL.

Personally I've always liked the Guild Wars design model - I'll gladly pay for expansions and content if the monthly cost is zero. EVE does all it's expansions free but charges 15$/mo (not bad). AION in Korea/China does an hours purchase option.. which is excellent. Buy a block of hours and only get charged when you actually play.
post #74 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-11-10, 12:08 AM

search116's Flag is: USA

they did show space wolves inthe trailer
post #75 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 08:15 AM

Osp88's Flag is: USA

This just might be the reason I've been looking for to get a new p.c.!

post #76 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 12:16 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

There will definetly be a subscription, no question about it, the only possible thing they might do is what Star Trek Online and a few others tried in which you spend like over 100 on the game itself and get a lifetime subscription.

WOW wont go to F2P anytime soon, if at all. LotRO has had to do it because it just can't compete with WOW, neither can WAR and they are all rapidly losing subscribers constantly. Love or hate WOW its not going to be beaten anytime in the near future if at all. It has the design template perfectly set, all other MMORPG's follow it to a degree and try to make themselves different slightly, WOW can then see if it worked and incorporate it into WOW. I would be willing to put any amount of money on the fact that 40K online wont even come close to challenging WOW, neither will the new Star Wars MMO, it just can't be done. I cant wait for the 40k online and star wars but i still know neither of them will even make wow blink
post #77 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 12:18 PM

Osp88's Flag is: USA

Blizzard make way too much money for wow to be free. I was a slave to that game forever! For the horde, fools!

post #78 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 07:17 PM

sounds all handy-dandy right now but the game's still very much a WIP,
we can only speculate on how good the game might be and take in mind, i use the word 'might' very loosely. Let's just hope this game doesn't turn out to be something like APB where things and gameplay get mundane real fast and that character customisation would be the most you're getting out of the experience. But really, as a 40k player, i do hope they don't fuck it up, looks pretty slick might i add
post #79 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 01:59 AM

search116's Flag is: USA

post #80 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 03:02 AM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode