Warhammer 40k MMO - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-28-10, 07:38 PM

Im hoping for the Mechanicum, as the crafting class, oh yeah busting out the armour/weapons and bullets then take a forge by force, I can see my empire now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-28-10, 08:43 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

I was laughing at some of the comments about this video on youtube. Some guy said "Total starcraft clone? Great game guys" (this was obviously sarcasm) And some guy trying to act like he knew everything. He replied to that comment "its just shameless at this point." A guy pointed out that 40K and Fantasy were before starcraft and warcraft and he got the wrong info cause he said "i'm pretty sure starcraft was before dawn of war."

Really, people just need to get there facts straight before they post on videos.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #53 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-28-10, 11:13 PM

That really happens often on youtube... Its kinda pathetic.

The Emperors word is Law, without law there is chaos, and chaos is Destruction.
post #54 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-28-10, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
I was laughing at some of the comments about this video on youtube. Some guy said "Total starcraft clone? Great game guys" (this was obviously sarcasm) And some guy trying to act like he knew everything. He replied to that comment "its just shameless at this point." A guy pointed out that 40K and Fantasy were before starcraft and warcraft and he got the wrong info cause he said "i'm pretty sure starcraft was before dawn of war."

Really, people just need to get there facts straight before they post on videos.
That made me laugh. What a douche

Anyway, I haven't been keeping up with the details too much on this project but have just been going through things and will be keeping updated on this from here on. Should be good

Regards,
Jake.
post #55 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-29-10, 09:07 AM

iron_ascension's Flag is: Scotland

Well i've been having a wee think guys.
This is a great forum i dont think anyone will disagree there. Alot of friendly people and all avid warhammer enthusiasts.
The people on this site have managed to work together and create a great renegade chapter of space marines,dark talons. If you dont know this then simply head to the 40k section and check out tales of heresy.

My idea is why dont the people on the forum get together in game and create the dark talon chapter.
Now the game isnt nearly ready enough for me to assume theres going to be an 'army painter' and even if there is one how much detail it will let you lavish on your character. All i know is if you read the interview with THQ/Vigil games on the gamespot or IGN website they are quoted to say that warhammer 40k online will have the best character cutomisation on any other MMO.

I know there are many people of many different nationalities in the forum and like most mmo's there will probably be american. european and asian servers. Shouldnt stop us dominating all of them and keeping up with one another here on heresy online?

I know im jumping the gun here and we have no idea what dark millennium will bring to the table. We all probably also have our own ideas with what we plan to do in game when it comes out. All im saying is its something to think about and mabey have a wee discution about as the months tick by and more info is released on the game.
post #56 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-29-10, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_ascension View Post
Well i've been having a wee think guys.
This is a great forum i dont think anyone will disagree there. Alot of friendly people and all avid warhammer enthusiasts.
The people on this site have managed to work together and create a great renegade chapter of space marines,dark talons. If you dont know this then simply head to the 40k section and check out tales of heresy.

My idea is why dont the people on the forum get together in game and create the dark talon chapter.
Now the game isnt nearly ready enough for me to assume theres going to be an 'army painter' and even if there is one how much detail it will let you lavish on your character. All i know is if you read the interview with THQ/Vigil games on the gamespot or IGN website they are quoted to say that warhammer 40k online will have the best character cutomisation on any other MMO.

I know there are many people of many different nationalities in the forum and like most mmo's there will probably be american. european and asian servers. Shouldnt stop us dominating all of them and keeping up with one another here on heresy online?

I know im jumping the gun here and we have no idea what dark millennium will bring to the table. We all probably also have our own ideas with what we plan to do in game when it comes out. All im saying is its something to think about and mabey have a wee discution about as the months tick by and more info is released on the game.
If there will be guilds or, as the case may be here, custom chapters, then there may very well be a painter for the armor and chapter symbols.

Thats a great idea, wish I thought of something like that.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
post #57 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-29-10, 10:49 PM

iron_ascension's Flag is: Scotland

Cheers.
Just seems to me that we have the foundation here for what could be potentialy a realy powerful guild/chapter/warband whatever.

Again though there is still a huge ? over the game and what features it will have on release or available in patchs or expantions. So far they have made some great sounding promises. But anyone can make a promiss.

The greatest character cutomisation of any mmo. A galaxy to explore. Space hulks. Galaxy wide war and every race thats important to the 40k universe.

Fantastic! IF they deliver.

Just gonna have to wait and see what happens.
post #58 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-30-10, 02:12 AM

Most likely there will be a guild (or chapter?) system. After all, I think they would want to maximize entertainment in this game, and in my opinion, making your own guild (chapter?) with customized colors, and watching it expand would be pretty fun. Maybe they'll do that with a Guild Wars touch. In guild wars, your guild could have its own base, so maybe they'd let you have an empty fortress monastery and make it able to buy stuff like statues of the Emperor, imperial eagles, and so on so forth.

Quote:
post #59 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-30-10, 03:10 AM

LuLzForTheLuLzGoD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Im looking forward to the imperial guard ill be very disappointed if its gona be a SM fanboy fest
the eldar will be fun too harlequin ftw lol
if possible ima be a Commissar cus theyzzz win! lol
post #60 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-30-10, 03:16 AM

If possible for eldar, i'm going to be a striking scorpion. SM, librarian. Barring that, i'll be an assault marine or a devastator. I might try the IG. Possibly a kasrkin if they're available. Orks, maybe a nob.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode