Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Dawn of War 2 Chaos Rising Intro Crash Fix
I Worked out a fix for my crash which happened after the Cinematic at the loading screen. I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit / 3gb Ram / Intel core 2 duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50Ghz 2.50Ghz / Nvidia Geoforce 8600M GT (its a laptop/notebook display driver)
I did a number of things people suggested
1. Changed Anti-aliasing on my Nvidia 3d settings to application controlled.
2. disabled family protection with start/run/services.msc
3. control panel/add-remove programs/ uninstall Windows live essentials/continue/family protection uninstalled.
4. went into steamapps/dow2/renamed DOW2.module **pre mods could screw up the game**
5. right click DOW2.exe /properties/compatibility/windows vista service pack 2/ also check run as administrator box.
6. opened steam/dow2 chaos rising properties/local files/verify integrity of cache to add a new DOW2.module
The 2 biggest things that made the change was prob the removal of Family protection and the replacement of the Dow2.module. But this is all the things i did to make it stop crashing.
It took me over 3 hrs of frustration because there was no Configuration.lau file in my documents/my games/dow2/settings.
If you have the file people suggest opening the file with notepad and changing anti aliasing to 0
Can i get a hail to the chief?
"If man dedicates his life to good deeds and welfare of others, he will die unthanked and unremembered. If he excercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy. "
- Fabius Bile at the Desecration of Kanzuz IX