Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-12-10, 08:58 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well Chaos Rising is just.. EXCELLENT. Its great :D, the campaign is miles better if not quite shorter, the voice acting for the Chaos Space Marines is amazing and the gameplay quality has skyrocketed.

Now for the spoilers for those who wish them.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-12-10, 09:23 PM

Emet, Paladin of Truth's Flag is: USA

I can't believ DOWII is getting a bad review here! most of its bad reviews come from ppl who were expecting yet another standard rts, but it really tried to be more accurate to the actual game, with customizable units and squads, and just the fact that if a squad dies, you can't make more. I would love to see more playable races in 1p mode, and mp, but other than that, I think it's frakking fantastic!

Have you ever felt so at one with the world, with the universe, with everything that is, that you were overcome with love?

That is reality. That is the truth. What we make of it is up to us.

-One by Richard Bach
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-10, 01:35 AM

BiOHaTe's Flag is: Australia

I think most peoples problems where bugs and technical errors, it took me over 3 hrs to get it to work but i finally created the intro crash fix.

"If man dedicates his life to good deeds and welfare of others, he will die unthanked and unremembered. If he excercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy. "
- Fabius Bile at the Desecration of Kanzuz IX
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-10, 04:39 PM

Took me a while to get it to work as well, but it's worth it....

And Last Stand mode is effing unreal!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-10, 07:29 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

My only dissapointments were 1 they changed eliphas's voice (even though Dobson voiced others) 2 campaign was way too short 3 not sure i like the chaos force yet

BTW Eliphas for the new warmaster!

Last stand is fantastic now
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-10, 12:08 PM

To the guy who said he'd have to redo the campaign to see the ending: Its on youtube, if you're referring to the final cinematic. No need to grind down that huge bastard again.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-10, 07:32 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

I know. I just watched both endings and I was right. Eliphas the Inheritor will be back!, provided Abaddon didn't kill him. But then again Abaddon is quite forgiving, as he has no real choice. Forgive Eliphas and set him loose, or kill him and lose a Champion.

But please Relic. Give Eliphas his old armour back, and send him back to the Word Bearers where he belongs, and give him his old voice back.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode