eve/star trek online - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-10, 11:37 PM

Skull Harvester's Flag is: USA

I have a friend who Beta tested Star Trek, said he loved it. The idea of being able to customize not only yourself but crew and ship really appeals to me. I've always heard good things about EVE, but I do like the feeling of leveling up (which you don't do in EVE).

Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls. These are some of my favourite things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-10, 11:48 AM

Grins1878's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah, I've set up a few trials of EVE because I enjoyed the first one I tried, but I just couldn't bring myself to fork out 15 quid a month for it when I pay less than half of that for WoW and a fiver for Xbox live.

I do think it's great though, really enjoyed it.

Star Trek online I've not played, but I have a pal who loves it. He's basically left WoW for it so that's a pretty good tell as he was hooked on wow ;-)

"I no longer think of them as animals Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptable. Single-minded. The perfection of my father's vision." - Magnus the Red.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-10, 02:47 PM

STO was a massive letdown for me. They took a solid IP and made it nothing but shiny, shallow gameplay. The space combat part is the only slightly redeeming factor, and even that is a spacebar-mash session.

EVE is a unique game in that it's totally open, and essentially anything goes. You have to get in the mindset that you are actually in that universe - think ruthless and you'll be fine. There are two games in EVE - PVE and 0.0 corp. In my opinion, EVE doesn't even get started until you get into a 0.0 corp. Being on comms, owning space, and fleet warfare are the only way to fly. No rules, no security hit, no CONCORD stepping in....

I've got 2 EVE accounts. I use one for marketing (2 toons, each sitting in market hub) an the other slot exists simply to build characters to sell. My other account is my PVP toon and my cyno alt. Feed them isk from the marketing character so I don't have to worry about ratting or other useless skills. The two accounts pay for themselves (you can use in-game money to purchase 30-day game time cards called PLEX's) by playing... so no money out of pocket.

If anyone ever needs a 21 day trial invite just lemme know
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-10, 09:59 PM

I played EvE for years, taking the fight to BOB in the great war.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-10, 01:43 PM

Grins1878's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMaxx View Post
If anyone ever needs a 21 day trial invite just lemme know

Noted ;-)

It is a game I could play religiously, i love the setting, the idea, the mods you can do, everything, I'm just a total mingebag paying for online games. Sometimes I may only get on for an hour or so a week so I can't warrant it. If I win the lottery though, I'll be there like a shot as I'd never work again! haha

"I no longer think of them as animals Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptable. Single-minded. The perfection of my father's vision." - Magnus the Red.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 07:30 PM

If you appreciate something of a more 'deeper' experience in terms of gameplay, then EVE is the way to go if you don't mind the you know, steep learning curve
The politics and player involvement within the community is intense and i enjoy this simply because im taking IB finance/economy and whatever the hell not, market manipulation is crazy fun and ganking more so.

I got tired of Star Trek Online in the first few minutes of playing the beta, it's kinda stupid a mon avis.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode