Fallout: New Vegas - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-10, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-10, 11:13 PM

BiOHaTe's Flag is: Australia

Is it going to be like Top down third person, turned based like fallout 2?

"If man dedicates his life to good deeds and welfare of others, he will die unthanked and unremembered. If he excercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy. "
- Fabius Bile at the Desecration of Kanzuz IX
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-10, 12:29 AM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Is it not just a large DC pack for Fallout 3, like Dragon Age: Awakening will be for Dragon Age Origins?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-10, 09:44 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
Is it not just a large DC pack for Fallout 3, like Dragon Age: Awakening will be for Dragon Age Origins?
No. This is a real Fallout game and therefore nothing to do with the substandard instance that was the Capital Wasteland.

Obsidian are working with Bethesda's art team and using the same engine, but apart from that it's an entirely new game set in the original (and far superior) Fallout setting.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-10, 03:26 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
No. This is a real Fallout game and therefore nothing to do with the substandard instance that was the Capital Wasteland.

Obsidian are working with Bethesda's art team and using the same engine, but apart from that it's an entirely new game set in the original (and far superior) Fallout setting.
Shush you, Fallout 3 is awesome. Can't wait for New Vegas, I honestly hope it's the same with a few new bells and whistles.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-10, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseMarine View Post
Shush you, Fallout 3 is awesome. Can't wait for New Vegas, I honestly hope it's the same with a few new bells and whistles.
Oh, no. I didn't say it wasn't awesome at all.

It's just utter shit compared to 1 and 2, and a fair amount of that comes from the atmosphere and the setting. Finally, though, we're getting what we were promised 10 years ago. That is, a sequel to Fallout 2.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-10, 02:25 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

I like Fallout 3 quite a lot, but after reading more about the Fallout world I think they could have added more.

The figure in the trailer is a New California Republic Lawman, something that didn't make it into Fallout 3. Its gonna be epic!.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-10, 02:41 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

its fallout so I'm excited as long as it comes on 360 so I can actually play it and I will buy it, I enjoyed fallout 3.

the trailer however feels pointless, too dark to make anything out, and says nothing

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-10, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
its fallout so I'm excited as long as it comes on 360 so I can actually play it and I will buy it, I enjoyed fallout 3.

the trailer however feels pointless, too dark to make anything out, and says nothing
To fans of the first two games, it says a massive amount.

1) It shows that unlike the depressed and pathetic east coast that was heavily hit in the war, the west was hit much less severely and people are generally getting on with their lives as best they can. Sure, it's still a post-nuclear wasteland, but instead of people bitching and whining they've restored power to a city that was, for the most part, ignored in comparison to primary targets on the east coast.

2) For all we know, that's not New Vegas. It actually looks a lot like New Reno from Fallout 2. Not far from the city, on a hill, is a place called Golgotha. That's a large tract of shallow graves from people who pissed off the New Reno crime families. Even if it is Vegas (which is pretty likely), the player's actions in F2 can elevate one or all of the families to bigger things. What's to say these families didn't expand to Vegas and carry on their traditions?

3) The guy at the end is presumably part of the New California Republic. This bunch of self-righteous bastards started in a crappy little town and had a leader with severe power-grab issues. (...yeah. I didn't like the NCR.) As we already know the NCR are one of the major factions in New Vegas, it means we can already come up with righteous plans to wipe them off the face of the earth. ;)

4) It's being made by the real Fallout devs and not the people who while doing a good job, missed almost everything outside of a nuclear wasteland that is the core of Fallout.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode