how do I save my game in Left 4 Dead 2 PC? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-10, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

zoldos's Flag is: USA

Default how do I save my game in Left 4 Dead 2 PC?

This sounds like a silly question, but I just got Left 4 Dead 2 for the PC and I started a single player campaign and want to just play thru the game. But how do I save my progress? I'd like to save my game so I can obviously come back to where I left off. Did I miss something? Any replies will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-10, 05:41 PM
Imperial Major

Daniel Harper's Flag is: Great Britain

There are no save points. Basically when you reach the safe room at the end of the level it is kind of a checkpoint. It doesn't save your progress in that game when you quit but you can start back at that point the next time you create a game. Hope this answered your question.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-10, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Yes thank you, that makes sense and I noticed I can start a game at any level which is cool. Thanks again!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-10, 12:22 AM

BiOHaTe's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoldos View Post
This sounds like a silly question, but I just got Left 4 Dead 2 for the PC and I started a single player campaign and want to just play thru the game. But how do I save my progress? I'd like to save my game so I can obviously come back to where I left off. Did I miss something? Any replies will be appreciated.
The game structure is modeled around multiplayer, where people just join a game and try to get through all the checkpoints (safe rooms) in one level.
Which may feel weird to some people because they are so used to playing Single player FPS (long cinematic campaigns) where you can save and pick up where you left.

There is no real goal but to survive and get to the end and safe-rooms.
The satisfaction is killing hundreds of zombies that do hell random things each time you play and try to get achievements.

You should play it on multiplayer most people are better than the AI companions and you can talk to them through voice chat which allows for greater strategic tactics and fun. Although some people are not quiet so nice and throw a Molotov cocktail at your feet when attacked by a large horde of zombies at the end then run to the saferoom/end transport.

HEHE I LIVED

"If man dedicates his life to good deeds and welfare of others, he will die unthanked and unremembered. If he excercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy. "
- Fabius Bile at the Desecration of Kanzuz IX
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-10, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

I prefer single player FPS like Bioshock 2 or F.E.A.R. Plus I have dial up so I doubt multiplayer would even work. In single player mode the game is boring and reptitive.

Thanks for the reply and information tho!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode