The great debate: XBox 360 or PS3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-14-10, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

The great debate: XBox 360 or PS3

I am in the market for a new game system as my PS2 is showing it's age and the Wii only goes so far for me. So, I need help in deciding on which system to purchase.

I would prefer honest feedback from people who either own both the 360 and the PS3 or who use both regularly. I have a wireless high speed internet and a 50 inch HDTV to use it on, but I cannot decide which system offers more as far as graphics, game titles and just overall "better-ness." What are the pro's and con's to both systems? Help me decide!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-14-10, 05:39 PM

Crimson Shadow's Flag is: USA

Xbox 360 has more game titles right now. that's a Pro. You have to pay a fee to play online. $50 a year, that's a negative.

PS3 has a built in Blu-Ray player and there's no fee for online play. Con's, smaller library of games (unless you count your PS2 titles), fewer people seem to play it.

I have both, and I play 360 about 95% of the time. I have two or three ps3 games still in the cellophane. Of couse I have the same for 360, Damn you, Call of Duty!!

Good luck.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-14-10, 07:03 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Well, you will never find a answer I guess unless you run a poll. The Xbox'ers will vote for the Xbox and vice versa, while I have both, I enjoy the use of each one when I do use them, however my 360 has got the Red Ring which is a right pain in the arse, because now I have to send it off.

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-14-10, 09:33 PM

Zezema535's Flag is: United Kingdom

i have am xbox 360 and i have never had any problems with it - red ring of doom etc - and really think Xbox and PS3 are equal. they are both great consoles!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-14-10, 10:23 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
I would prefer honest feedback
HA!
The Internet really isn't the right place to get honest feedback, most people who own a PS3 will knock the 360, most people who own a 360 will knock the PS3, and most people who own a wii.....feel bad and cry when a new game comes out on either, but thats not the point.

the console wars still exist to too many people to get straight answers, in the end it comes down to what do you really want?.
do you want cheaper games and a larger range of games including better exclusive games but don't really mind not playing online?, if yes go 360.
do you want more expensive games and a smaller range of games and some rather bland exclusive games, a pointless blu-ray player but want online gaming and its a big thing for you?, if yes go PS3

PS3 is for online gamers, since its free.
360 is for offline gamers, who if they save enough money can go online every few months or so.

personally I prefer the 360, I have very little interest in going online because there are too many pricks, and I prefer the exclusive games available on the 360 compared to PS3 (killzone 2 being the 1 and the only game on PS3 that looks good), I also have no interest in a blu-ray player over a DVD player because no matter how many times I see the two compared I see no difference to justify the costs, I also don't see why I want a console to be backwards compatible when I still have my PS2 from when it was first released and seeing how most games have been replaced.

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-14-10, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark angel View Post
Well, you will never find a answer I guess unless you run a poll.
I didn't run a poll because I need feedback and not just a yes/no answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post

The Internet really isn't the right place to get honest feedback...

Funny Stella, seeing as you gave me the exact opinions I was looking for!

See, I am in the dark when it comes to technology and electronics and need the right information other than the usual, "360 rocks, PS3 is fur Noobs!!1!" answers I am trying to avoid. So far, your reply is the most informative. Thanks.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-15-10, 05:36 AM

Choose the third option, and kit out your PC. That way you can play the good games from the 90's, and occasionally check out newer games like I do.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-15-10, 10:32 AM

Captain Stillios's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just do what Ive done and buy two PS3s and Xbox elite plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
chill out?...CHILL OUT!!!!!!!, THIS IS WARHAMMER, THERE IS NO TIME FOR "CHILLING OUT", WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS?, SOME KIND OF GAME?, THIS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNoPityx View Post
The downside to a medium that allows the unlimited exchange of ideas, some people have some really stupid ideas.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-15-10, 10:46 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

What I am now going to suggest is- Is there possible that you can play them both at a mates or relatives? Get a feel of both consoles and some of their games and then actually decide on which you prefer. While not the best of advice, it is all that I have left within me on this topic. Good luck whatever happens.

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-15-10, 11:05 PM
Punx For Life

jimmy gunn's Flag is: England

being a warhammer 40k gamer, i went for the 360 next to a pc it has the most RTS games.
like C&C, warhammer battle march and end war
its also got gears of war which is a kick ass game
fable and fullout 3 are the best roleplay console game ever,
its only downfull is no blu-ray but the dvd upscaling is good,
i loved PS 1 and PS 2 but 360 got the crown.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode