Mass Effect 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-31-10, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Mass Effect 2

Got this on friday and it's amazing.
It's similar to the first game but at the same time very different, the armour and weaponry upgrades have been streamlined for the better.

It's not got quite the character-team interaction of Dragon Age but that's not necessairly a bad thing- I just wish I'd played through Mass Effect on my Xbox rather than on someone elses because I can see how it would been even cooler if it had taken the decisions I actually made in the first game into consideration.

Anyone else getting/got it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-31-10, 06:03 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Mass Effect used to be my favorite game of all time. Then Mass Effect 2 came along.

The game has all that made the first one great, and then some. Combat has been streamlined, and handles much more like a straight-up action game. Party interaction is much more immersive, and by the end of the game you become emotionally invested in your party members (especially your romantic pursuit). I say that in the least-gross way possible

All in all, it's my new favorite game of all time. When Mass Effect 3 comes out, the universe will probably freeze solid from the sheer awesome...or explode. We'll find out on launch day.

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-31-10, 10:21 AM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'll have to get this then, probably go for number 1 first then buy the second after.

Dragon Age got boring very quickly for me though.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-31-10, 04:30 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm playing ME at the moment, I speculate that I'm about ~50% through the main story arc. I have to say it's my favourite RPG since KotOR and if ME2 is better than this, then it's an auto-buy for me!

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-31-10, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

The combat in ME2 is much better than ME, more akin to Gears of War in a way. One of the things that really annoyed me in the original Mass Effect was the fact that if you shot someone in the head it had no greater effect than if you shot them in the foot, in Mass Effect 2 where you shoot them is very important.

A little touch I liked, that has absolutely no effect on the game itself, was you could get spam messages on your personal terminal- I've had the classic messages inviting me to buy pills to increase my sexual prowess and to deposit an amount of credits into someone elses account so I could have a fortune released into mine. Little things like that make me chuckle.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-31-10, 06:32 PM

xpunksbeendeadx's Flag is: USA

This game is seriously the best game I have ever bought. Just being able to see how your actions carried over from the first game is something that makes playing ME2 such a blast. It was definitely worth picking up the collectors edition.

If you find yourself lost in the woods, f*** it build a house. Well I was lost, but now I live here--I have severely improved my predicament.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-31-10, 10:44 PM

Just waiting on some extra money then I all for plying space in the normandy again.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-31-10, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-01-10, 01:32 AM

xpunksbeendeadx's Flag is: USA

Haha don't ruin the surprise. I actually avoided all previews of ME2 so I would be largely surprised by the game. Made it that much better in my opinion.

If you find yourself lost in the woods, f*** it build a house. Well I was lost, but now I live here--I have severely improved my predicament.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-01-10, 08:45 PM

Thousandth Son's Flag is: United Kingdom

Aye I have it- as you say, it is amazing. I'm not entirely sure how far into the story I am, but I'd say around 50% or so. Maybe more. But anyway, fantastic game, and I love all the characters and my cool new ship ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Are you actually expecting an Inquisitor to teleport in to your house with a squad of GKs and stomp all over the little plastic space men you just played a homemade campaign with?

Last edited by Thousandth Son; 02-01-10 at 08:48 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode