EVE online - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-09-10, 01:47 AM

My first really large fleet combat was as BRUCE was prepping to move out to 0.0 we had Mercenary Coalition debut their titan on us. Lost a fully geared Rokh in that fight but it was fun as hell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-09-10, 02:18 AM

Sounds crazy. Losing a ship is always frustrating, but at least you lost her fighting in a large battle instead of some puddle pirates gate camp or something.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-09-10, 08:40 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

I tried the trial version. I got a frigate with the highest possible insurance, and highest clone insurance(or whatever its called) on the first day. The last time I tried the trial was a few years ago. I don't really want to subscribe to it because I already have a WoW subscription and I dont have a job at the moment. Even though at my current age, a job doesnt really matter because I still have 3 more years of high school to go through

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-09-10, 09:23 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
I tried the trial version. I got a frigate with the highest possible insurance, and highest clone insurance(or whatever its called) on the first day. The last time I tried the trial was a few years ago. I don't really want to subscribe to it because I already have a WoW subscription and I dont have a job at the moment. Even though at my current age, a job doesnt really matter because I still have 3 more years of high school to go through
If you wanna do well in high school I'd quit WoW. One of my mates got hook on it and bombed out in year 12.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-09-10, 04:38 PM

That's why I never bothered with any MMO's while I was in school. Between my grades and my firefighting training, I didn't have time for it anyway, though. Games like WoW...I just don't have the time for. If you do, whatever. But we all must use moderation.

With my busy schedule I find EVE to be convenient. You skill up while you're logged out..and make money when you play.

...and DeathJester921. How did you get clone grade Omega, which costs $120,000,000 million isk, on your first day? That's impossible on a trial unless someone wired you the kredits.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-09-10, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosRedCorsairLord View Post
If you wanna do well in high school I'd quit WoW. One of my mates got hook on it and bombed out in year 12.
Well, theres a rule in this house. I can't play any form of games until Friday of a school week. So I don't really need to quit WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
That's why I never bothered with any MMO's while I was in school. Between my grades and my firefighting training, I didn't have time for it anyway, though. Games like WoW...I just don't have the time for. If you do, whatever. But we all must use moderation.

With my busy schedule I find EVE to be convenient. You skill up while you're logged out..and make money when you play.

...and DeathJester921. How did you get clone grade Omega, which costs $120,000,000 million isk, on your first day? That's impossible on a trial unless someone wired you the kredits.
I was bored with nothing better to do, so I just mined and sold a bunch of crap, and did a bunch of missions.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-09-10, 10:59 PM

it's a waste as the higher level clones let you hold more skill points when you get podded but at that time you dont have enough skill points to even lose any when you get killed using the first clone.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-09-10, 11:41 PM

Yeah. Whoever leant you the isk probably facepalmed hard (trial account or not, you'd never make 120 million in the first day). You could of bought a ton of skill books or blueprints, and be able to outfit a ship with some bitchen parts...but who am I to say what one does with his cash?

You'd probably fall over dead before you'd need an Omega grade clone buffer. If you are killed, which is almost guaranteed to happen in your first few months, you'd have to rebuffer your clone. So all of that isk just went down the celestial toilet for your few hundred thousand skill points that otherwise would cost you much less to cover.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 06-09-10 at 11:45 PM.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-10-10, 12:12 AM

meh, it could have been alpha clone or something. I dont know and I dont care, nor should you. Besides, its like what I said, I havent played it in years. So my memory isnt so good because I didn't even play it for the full trial period

Quote:
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-11-10, 03:17 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Wooo. 7 hours into a Wardec. Lost 2 ships and I'm up 20m on profit.

They call that picking targets of opportunity. ;)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode