EVE online - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-25-10, 01:25 AM

zoldos's Flag is: USA

I can understand that. I mainly figured things out but just messing around with different ships and waepons and seeing what skills I needed for them and other things. It seemed easier. There is still a lot I don't understand yet and I'm itching to play again...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-25-10, 09:51 PM

Arvelen's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Quote:
The saddest thing of all is how the game looks. Some of the ships do look cool, but others are just plain bizarre. There's no ship customization/painter (but strangely a character customization even though you can't leave your pod). Even being able to change your ships colour would make it twice as fun, it's just boring seeing the same looking ships over and over. Customization doesn't have to be huge, being able to change little things would add the desired individuality. There's no damage mechanics, you ship looks brand new, up until the moment it explodes into lots of little pieces (except for a single pitiful little flame that happens when your ship is badly damaged).
If people were to be able to paint and customize the ships, it'd make everything a whole lot less intuitive, as the ship classes and versions are shown by their colour and the minor but easily noticible differences that they have. In a large fight, this visual recognition is much easier than trying to see if that bright pink and flowery ship that's just locked onto you is a puny little frigate with peashooter guns or a hellspawned monstrosity that needs to be taken out ASAP before it calls in all it's capital ship friends to squish you into a fine paste.

If you'll get twice as much enjoyment from changing the colour of what are essentially mass produced killing machines, EVE is probably not your kind of game.
If you're REALLY into this, there is a small option now - train yourself up to be able to fly one of the new Tech 3 Strategic Cruisers. They're expensive as hell, but they're extremely customizable in both looks and roles.

I'll have to agree with one thing though - Minmatar ships look like they were put together using bits from a scrap yard.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-26-10, 09:32 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvelen View Post
If you're REALLY into this, there is a small option now - train yourself up to be able to fly one of the new Tech 3 Strategic Cruisers. They're expensive as hell, but they're extremely customizable in both looks and roles.

I'll have to agree with one thing though - Minmatar ships look like they were put together using bits from a scrap yard.
Damn right they do. It's often said that "Flying Minmatar is like riding down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing off akimbo uzis". And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Speaking of the awesome looks of the Strategic cruisers, CCP are starting to remodel some of the ships. And I instantly want their first little project.

Old Scorpion

New Scorpion

As for other gameplay things, in an act of shameless self promotion...My newish corp, Emergence Inc. is looking for anyone who, in the words of certain groups that shall remain unnamed "Don't want that sec status anyway".
Any skillpoint level is fine by me as there's sure to be someone willing to help teach you the ways of yarr. However, you must supply your own pirate hat and parrot due to budget constraints.

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-28-10, 12:59 AM

All this talk about EVE is making me excited to play it again!
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-01-10, 04:46 AM

God...I cannot wait to get my new computer. I haven't played Eve in way too long, and that remodeled Scorpion is awesome. I literally haven't played in a year. A god damn year.

Caldari ftw >:D
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-01-10, 12:19 PM

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

used to play EVE a fair amount, have a 40m+ SP toon, got bored with it; although piracy has always appealed to me I just can't justify the extra cost per month at the moment.

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-01-10, 06:00 PM

I am Amarr all the way. I love their ships and last time I played, a corp. member sent me millions of credits so when I get my account back, I should be set!
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-10, 07:57 PM

The Amarr do have some awesome looking ships. The Gallente are perhaps my favorite when it comes to looks, aside from a few oddities. The picture at the end of my post should explain what I mean.

Anyway, my reason for necroposting is due to the fact that I have a proposition. This concerns the Buddy Program. Normally, prospective players are restricted to 14 days, but through this method you get an extra week out of it. Plenty of time to be flying around in a mean Cruiser.

So, what? Just another week? Anyone who takes a 21 day trial from me will receive at least 25 million kredits if they choose to subscribe, since this will earn me a free month of game time. On top of this, I'll let you join my newly formed mercenary corporation. We'll teach you the ropes. Whether you want to zip around in combat, rape asteroid fields or construct ships and items to be sold, we could use you.

As you should know by now, EVE takes a while before things settle in for a fresh player, but there is plenty of work to be done at all stages. The key to this game is to have people to work with. Running solo is very well possible, but not many people like to be all alone in space. Right now we're working on strengthening the corporation so that we can take on jobs other than helping undergunned mission runners, selling items built from salvage, helping with high security space corporate warfare logistics and other childrens games like that. In order for us to branch out in to low-sec, we need more people.

We have some strings that can be pulled if that problem can be rectified, so I would welcome anyone interested. Right now my subscription is down until my next paycheck, but that will only be for week. The Knights Adamant needs people to help blow stuff up for kredits.

Also...why do the fighter bombers look so fucking awesome? This is my favorite looking ship in the entire game...the Gallente version... If I were to have a fighter, it would definitely be this. So long as my co-pilot wasn't annoying.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 06-08-10 at 08:02 PM.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-10, 09:20 PM

I played EvE from 2004 until the end of the great war. Was part of BRUCE toward the end of it from us pushing into 0.0 and taking the fight to BoB in Fountain.

Was alot of fun, killed alot of people. The game dosent really start until you leave highsec.
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-09-10, 01:10 AM

Yeah. A lot of my mates are veterans of the game. Their stories about the wars make me jealous, but...in time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode