DOW II: Chaos Rising - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-10, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch King of Angmar View Post
i hope the eldar get jetbikes......Tyranids should get the Trygon as an hq......And Marines should get the one unit i always laugh over.......

The all mighty...

LANDSPEEDERZ!

OH and in Thousand Son's the blood ravens will be mentioned apparently. Sooo safe to say who there parent chapter is.
Sorry Witch King but no Jetbikes for the Eldar. They get the mighty Wraithguard instead.

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/blog...ar-wraithguard

Personally, I think its the better choice. Wraithguards, Wraithlords. Can't go wrong, both are epic.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-10, 05:57 PM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Sorry Witch King but no Jetbikes for the Eldar. They get the mighty Wraithguard instead.

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/blog...ar-wraithguard

Personally, I think its the better choice. Wraithguards, Wraithlords. Can't go wrong, both are epic.
Both spank you other race's to.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-10, 07:19 PM

Bit sick to death of the fucking blood ravens tbh.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-10, 09:58 PM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Bit sick to death of the fucking blood ravens tbh.
HEY just think of them as the thousand sons and they will be cool
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-10, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Dere 'ere. Da Wyrdboyz!

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/blog...e-ork-weirdboy

The Orks have their psykers, and they get the awesome powers of Psychic Vomit Zzap which allows them to spew a blast of psychic energy and to disable enemy units with a powerful zap, respectively. They regain energy quicker when surrounded by other orks. And when they die their energy explodes, quite literally, damaging whatevers nearby.

They can be upgraded to become Warpheads giving them the Foot of Gork ability, three guesses what that is.

They can also get bigga brains which gives them more health and the Eldar Warlock's Warp Gauntlet ability, but they can use it on other orks. Flinging your allies across the battlefield without damage, pretty nice eh?.

Finally their last upgrade of Warpath which delays their death explosion and allows them to make nearby orks tougha and fasta.

On the whole a very nice new unit. Looking forward to fighting him.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-10, 12:49 PM
Dalkray's Flag is: United Kingdom

Forgot the source but i deffinately read somewehre that the reason Tyranids are getting 2 new units is becasue they are loosing one aswell (Carnifex i belive) And so they are trying to keep it balanced.

There Is No Such Thing As Real Life, Just AFK
New Ultra WIP
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-14-10, 01:13 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

True apparently there is a mistake carnifex in the 2nd tier and this is being replaced by the tyrant guard. The genestealers were obvious as a new unit with the introduction of space hulks.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-18-10, 04:59 AM

Scyfus's Flag is: Canada

Hell yeah, emperors children.
As I just got the game yesterday, I haven't even touched upon the campaign, but im glad to hear they are throwing on the expansion.
Another thousand gamerscore to aim for and more online fun. Hopefully they'll enlarge online a bit and add more game types, annihilation and the point based games are sort of dull and larger, (5-6 vs 5-6 maybe?) matches, larger maps and more objective based missions would be alot more fun. Plus if they added in a better online interface like WC3, that would be nice, as im weary as to anyone still plays or not, and there seems to be no tournaments.

And as a side note, who else thinks a horus heresy expansion would be amazing with this game style? A mission or two played by each of the primarchs with different boss battles, (fulgrim vs ferrus, leman vs magnus, sanguin vs horus and emperor vs horus as some examples), as well as a larger more chaotic campaign with more depth? I'm praying that will be a future expansion.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-19-10, 02:34 AM

Realy I am so tired of DoW2 and only being able to play Blood Ravens in the campaign, that I am so tired of, and realy do not care what chapter they are from.

On Eliphas i can only say, that they have to change the ending of Dark Crusade, since he can not only be a renegade Champion of the Word Bearers, joining the Black Legion(Chaos undivided) and still have the Great Unclean One keeping his back.

So maybe it was Abaddon him self pulling the strings to save Eliphas, since Abaddon planned to bug the BR from start, and talked old man Nurgle in to keeping him alive for the invasion of the Sub Aurelian sector.

Or it was some unnamed daemon prince pointing fingers at him at the end of the BR campaign on chronus, that talked him into bugging them once again at the Sub Sector Aurelia.

Or did grandfather Nurgle get the grip and found out, that it was actually Khornes fault, that they lost the campaign.

Last edited by Radagast; 02-19-10 at 02:36 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode