Warhammer 40K AKA Call of Duty - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-05-08, 11:35 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

ahh yes, battlefront would be perfect too

I wouldn't suggest a FPS really, yes there good, but there so common now these days

and yes roricon, it WAS that bad, it was the only game I know you could unload a full clip of autogun rounds into a guardsmens face without him dying, but the instant you shoot his little toe with a LasPISTOL he dies instantly

oh and not to forget you could shoot a marine 300 times in the face with a burst cannon and he STILL would not die, but 1 grenade to his foot and instant death

Last edited by Stella Cadente; 02-06-08 at 09:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-05-08, 05:38 PM

Hey All,

I would have thought the Gears Of War engine would have been perfect...the big problem any would be developer would have is switch from ranged to CC within an FPS...Oblivion had some good ideas for an FPS melee based game...I would say that GOW has the engine...3rd person with close viewpoint, and melee anims as finishing strokes...

Dawn of War Sync Kill animations are one of the most demanding animations to make, but also one of the most fun when they work well!

I have been working on a Chaplain Lemartes sync kill that features him grabbing the enemy by the throat...and headbutting them to death...sweet

And yes I whole-heartedly concur, Firewarrior was terrible...Did anyone ever play the Space Hulk FPS game?

Cheers,

post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-05-08, 11:04 PM

Engelus's Flag is: USA

firewarrior was a well made game, especially for its time.

yes things may have been out of sync with cannon a little, but it was ok for the internal balance of the game.

~ Engelus
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-06-08, 01:17 AM

Nosotros's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engelus View Post
firewarrior was a well made game, especially for its time.

yes things may have been out of sync with cannon a little, but it was ok for the internal balance of the game.
I hope you're joking man.
Concept-wise it was interesting, but for the gameplay it was below mediocre at best (even for it's time).
I'd like to see some kind of run and gun action game where you play as a terminator/ marine.
Something like Quake, but set in an active battlefield like the Call of Duty USMC missions, with open ended objectives like Crysis.

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-06-08, 09:42 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta7 View Post
And yes I whole-heartedly concur, Firewarrior was terrible...Did anyone ever play the Space Hulk FPS game?
I did, I actually thought it was rather good for its age, but very hard I found

post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-06-08, 09:48 AM

Mad King George's Flag is: Ukraine

noway do a 40k style game liek stalker shadow of chernobyl that would be ace

have one guy like a socut or a ranger / pathfinder collecting relics that would be awesome

more realistic to

Space Wolves
W-L-D
4-1-0
Biel Tan
W-L-D
0-0-0
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-28-08, 02:24 AM

Al Capeone's Flag is: El Salvador

That would be very cool

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING :fuck:
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-05-08, 06:55 PM

Death 0F Angels's Flag is: USA

I played space hulk. It was fun, pretty chalenging. I liked that you could control the whole squad. The graphics were lame but i replayed it 3 or 4 times and enjoyed it the whole way. if they did make a FPS a good way to run the CC would be to be able to toggle it on and off. Maybe when you toggle it on it locks any combatants in a certain area into close combat. once your locked in it changes to a fighter style till one dies or one runs far enough out of combat to toggle CC off. Would work very well on GoW platform i think. Would have to support more players than GoW does. Especially if they have all races cuz 4 IG vs 4 SM just wouldnt do it. 10 on 4 more like it(in real 40k maybe more but wargear options would even it out more)Keep the CoD4 style of promotions opening new wargear and perks. Terminator armour at lvl 55 sweeeeet.

Trust is a dagger, the hilt as sharp as the blade.
Death to the Imperial dogs.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-09-08, 12:33 PM

Luciferi's Flag is: Great Britain

I agree with the CoD4 style promotions. I'd be 75% or so of the way to Terminator armour by now.

Maybe have special weapons/armour you can only get through completing the game on hardest difficulty, or getting ALL of the achievments with weapons/armour (I mean if you where an SM surely a melee option would be to just shoulder through a guardsman with your armour if you where at a certain distance like on Halo where you lunge with the sword >_>?) I figure that'd be somewhat cool.

Unholy inversions of hope twisting the faith of the meek into hate.
Driven insane by the dark ones to bring forth the foul biddings they speak.

Last edited by Luciferi; 03-09-08 at 12:38 PM.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-18-08, 09:06 PM
angels of fire's Flag is: Great Britain

In the horus heresy books a guardsman can be killed with one punch from an astartes! But the Chainsaw melee thing in GoW is way cool and work well I think with a chainsword instead. Online I loved going about sneaking up on people and chainsawing them in half.

The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie. - Portal, great game.
My night goblin log. Visit it, post on it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode