Cooper Lawrence on Fox... /facepalm - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-08, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

Nosotros's Flag is: USA

Cooper Lawrence on Fox... /facepalm

For those of you that haven't seen this infuriating film it's worth watching, ignorance HOOOOO!
Fox Segment:
EA's Response:
http://kotaku.com/348187/ea-calls-fo...t-inaccuracies
And if you happen to agree with this woman, read some of her reviewers:
http://www.amazon.com/review/product/1599211793/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt/102-8622866-8070562?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1Enjoy! Or get angry, whatever comes first heheh.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-08, 07:57 AM

Handbag of Joy's Flag is: Australia

Grrrr... Handbag mad

Reading the Horus Heresy Series:
Horus Rising [Done]Awesome
False Gods[Done]Filler -.-
Galaxy in Flames[Done]Battle Heavy
Flight of the Eisenstein[Done]Passed Standards
Fulgrim[Done]Cool Moments, Draggy
Descent of Angels[Done]Shorthanded
Legion[Reading] Enjoying every Alpharius =)
Battle for the Abyss I want Lorgar Fluff D=<
Mechanicum Mars? meh kewl I guess
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-08, 12:51 PM

Man, if only FoxNews contained half the maturity video games feature these days.

Last edited by Fluff'Ead; 01-27-08 at 02:33 PM.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-08, 02:00 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

This toes the line of the rules regarding politics on the boards... but... what the hell.

Fox News is basically the closest thing we've got to state-run media these days. That'll change when and if a democrat gets elected, in which case, it'll be a tabloid channel that smears people. More than they already do, at any rate.

The argument about sex and violence in media having a desensitizing effect isn't bullshit. Part of my training as a film student has been learning about the psychology involved in media. HOWEVER, Fox News is full of shit and just sort of spewed their conservative spin without even touching the game. What's really funny about Fox (and, interestingly enough, the neo-conservative movement) is that they objectify women more than anyone else. Honestly, those newscasters are kinda cute, once you get past the neo-nazism. And look at Ann Coulter. I mean, she's the f*cking anti-christ, but she's still pretty hot for a 45-year-old bulemic woman.

The really sad thing is that this isn't really all that infuriating, as Fox News reports go. You should've seen the time they got the most stereotypical looking Arab, with really dark skin, a huge beard, and turban to debate whether or not it was okay to pick up Arabs at the airport in taxis with some commissioner. They didn't let the Arab dude speak, and the taxi commissioner guy slipped in something to the effect of, "Well, we don't pick up black people either, and that's okay, so what's the difference here?" THAT is the sort of crap that annoys me with Fox... they make whoever they're interviewing look like a douche (as you can see in the clip that's been posted) and vomit forth their neoconservative bullshit that's based on absolutely nothing, or just sort of say something racist because they're a bunch of brownshirts.

Now, so that this doesn't get COMPLETELY blown out of proportion, I'm pretty moderate. I'd vote for a Republican if they weren't a bible-thumping, wife-beating, racist, anti-semetic Jesus freak bent on world domination. Unfortunately, most of the ones that are frontrunners seem to be that way, and the ones who are more moderate, like McCain and Guiliani are pretty much boned. To be fair, the Democrats aren't any better... they're a bunch of touchy-feely ideologists who don't have any clue how to run a country any better than the bible-thumping republican. The difference is that I lean to the left on the "moral values" issues, because some of the stuff the right comes up with is just plain shitty for reasonings... they say "No, because it's just wrong!" with no further explanation, which really isn't good enough in my book.

ASK ME HOW TO GET 20% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!
My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-08, 02:29 PM

Pandawithissues...'s Flag is: England

Did she listen to what she said?

'boys that play videogames cannot tell the difference between what they're seeing in a videogame and the real world'

Whoever did that study should be shot. Or maybe they shouldn't. After all, she's probably just lying about their study, like she didnt get any facts straight about the game she's denouncing.

You can bet your ass that whoever did that study never wrote what she said. Because its a ridiculous generalisation, as well as being a slice of the most wonderful shit.

And i'm fairly sure that the University of Maryland is an accademic institution, which does scientific research. Which means generalisation is not really acceptable.

Death magnetic: 5 slabs of vinyl: Pure spinning ecstasy.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-08, 03:53 AM

Lucius Vane's Flag is: USA

http://kotaku.com/349423/jack-thomps...ds-mass-effect

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet, the url says it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexington
Ward's writing is the graffiti of an imbecile, scrawled drunkenly on something well-loved, and simply pointing out that it can be true doesn't make it any more palatable.
-Tyranids are a state of hive mind.-
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-08, 02:01 PM

Pandawithissues...'s Flag is: England

the spoof vid clip on that is hilarious. 'Frequent acts of violent unlubed buggery'....heheheh

Death magnetic: 5 slabs of vinyl: Pure spinning ecstasy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode