Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-16-09, 12:57 PM

Phrazer's Flag is: Wales

So in general and seeing as ive only just bought a 360, would i be better getting COD4?? Loved COD 1&2 on PC but as my PC is a bit old and dithering now i want a new one for 360

Real Men/Women/Aliens/Heretics/Warp Spawned Filth/Big Scary Space Monsters play Battlefleet Gothic... why dont you???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-16-09, 09:54 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrazer View Post
So in general and seeing as ive only just bought a 360, would i be better getting COD4??
Defintely. You'll get it for next to nothing now, and it really is a fantastic game. If you decide to move on to the next one, go for it, but wait till you've fully immersed yourself in CoD4.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-16-09, 10:13 PM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

single player is ehh, AI is pretty useless, once more the enemy are crackshots while your allys are nothing more then information, theyll tell you where stuff is but thats it ugh, i still dont get how the militia is better then my squad of guys but owells.

co-op is ok, well its special ops and since its just redoing stuff from story it gets old, and no co op campaign, what the hell, if there is someone direct me then cause i cant find it and im on PC

MP is where i get my bang for a buck, ugh, its great, riot shields, throwing knives, air drops, bling, missile launchers to take out enemy UAV, then theres match making, sigh, wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????

yesterday i spent 15 - 20 mins trying to find a game, everytime i found one people would drop out it would close, MW2 would kick me out over something stupid. playing with friends is a bitch for some reason, the game just makes it near impossible half the time, oh, and when people drop out theres no auto balance, dont u love games of 1V5 its so nice and fair, spawning as said is horrible, i love getting 7 kill streaks then killed by someone who spawns behind me, its so nice. oh and my face part, how your airstrikes always get you, u aim it the other side of the map and whats this the planes fly over you and bomb you too, always in my case, mostly im lucky that im in coverand live but its so stupid

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-19-09, 10:32 AM
Classs's Flag is: Australia

Any one here own the PC version and can recommend it? short single player and broken multilayer has written it of in my books.

As a side note, any one ever get sick of rolling dice?
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-19-09, 01:05 PM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

pc gamers got screwed with MW2, tis a horrible port!

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-20-09, 11:27 AM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

I am glad I got it for the xbox as it seems to have none of the problems the PC one has other than the spawn system but if you stay away from FFA you should be ok.

I am lvl 32 now and my gametime is around 6hours but I find the more I play it the more I dislike it. I started of really liking it but now I just find it annoying to play.
I just cant place my finger on it, it could be the new maps or the massive lack of recoil on guns.
But I somehow think COD4 MP was better.

post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-20-09, 12:05 PM
Rye

Rye's Flag is: Canada

Comes as no surprise that the singleplayer is trash. The original CoD4 I found short, but it had some neat moments and unique ideas. I liked the feeling of control in the cinematics. The multiplayer was awesome, I liked CoD4. I liked CoD: WaW better, but that's just personal preference.

Anyway, as to why it's no surprise, CoD is hugely focused on MP now. Most people play the campaign once to familiarize themselves with any new features then they go straight online. It makes sense SP would be neglected.

I wouldn't reccomend buying this if you have no way of playing online. Apart from that, happy gaming! :D

post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-21-09, 09:41 AM
The Omnipotent

CaptainFatty's Flag is: Australia

Great game but...they took the 1 single thing that i absolutely hated from WaW - the splitscreen. I love playing co op with my brother and WaW and MW2 used the shitty seperated screens.

Other than that it's pretty good

I am the devourer of worlds and the plunderer of planets. I am the bane of races, the destroyer of intelligence. I am the omnipotent and you will all bow before me.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-21-09, 03:35 PM

Awsome game, me and mates are slowly working our way through prestige.
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-22-09, 03:58 PM
Rye

Rye's Flag is: Canada

:/

Good luck, man, I hear it takes ten times longer than it did in previous CoDs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode