Space Marine - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-14-09, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Default Space Marine

There was the mildest possibility of me getting excited over this game. Then they decided to make it based on Ultramarines and as soon as I saw that "U" logo I fell asleep, I was that bored of the "bland marines".

The most boring chapter ever.

All of this has happened before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-14-09, 07:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Right, you realize they are only using the Ultramarine scheme as the testbed for all the footage right? They did this with Dawn of War when it was just coming out, they kept the chosen chapter a secret and used an Ultramarine skin for the time being.

So calm the fuck down and stop whining about there being Ultramarines. In all likelyhood they will be some one else in the end, unless GW finally goes back to them. Ultramarines have been used before in at least one or two other games, its not so bad to play alongside or as them.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-14-09, 08:28 PM

Wow, your really late on this one. You do understand that there have been at least four threads about this already right? And they really aren't boring, their backstory is great, even though they are overused, a lot.

My Miniatures Painting Services

http://www.freewebs.com/sagemonkey/

Click it!

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-14-09, 08:38 PM
Lord of Decay

FATHER NURGLE's Flag is: United Kingdom

cant wait for this one hope its better than gears of war & i would not say Ultramarines are that boreing they look cool to me .
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-14-09, 10:03 PM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

if only they would put it ut on pc grrrr, i should get a 360 haha, who cares what space marine it is, its a space marine ugh, i want to be a guardsmen or a sister, now that would be awesome. the game does look great though mmmmmmm, i want a jump pack and thunder hammer bwhahahahhahahaha.

shame it isnt on pc, at leat there it would get some cool mods so you could be guard or sisters XP

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-14-09, 10:07 PM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

if only they would put it ut on pc grrrr, i should get a 360 haha, who cares what space marine it is, its a space marine ugh, i want to be a guardsmen or a sister, now that would be awesome. the game does look great though mmmmmmm, i want a jump pack and thunder hammer bwhahahahhahahaha.

shame it isnt on pc, at least there it would get some cool mods so you could be guard or sisters XP. but if they were smart they probably would do a DOW paint your SM and you can do whichever chapter you want

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-09, 12:48 AM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

Looks absolutely fantastic to me, and I dont think ultramarines are that boring. Not my favourite chapter but still with them looking like that , it looks fantastic, though possibly a bit repetitive. Kill orks, then kill more orks etc but i suppose they are the emperor's war machines so i doubt i could ask for more.

Hope it comes upto scratch and ditto on the pc

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-09, 01:09 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

It never fails to amaze me how much people wangst over the Ultramarines. I swear to god, if GW put $100 bills in each box of models, people would complain about how $100 bills were boring.

It's a 40k game on a next-gen console; that alone should be enough to yall psyched up.

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-09, 12:20 PM
Lord of Decay

I hope multi player will be beast , hope you can make your own clans , so you can chose a color scheme for your marines ohh and I hope Chaos are in it .
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-09, 12:39 PM
Lord of Decay

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode