Space Marine - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-09, 04:17 PM

Metalsiege's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Sanguinius View Post
This game could not get more boring content matter - Ultramarines vs Orks - both uber epic boringness compressed into a game.
Well just think of it this way... if GW uses Ultramarines and Orks then it's a great way to bring new life to both while also introducing the Warhammer 40k universe to players who might then be inspired to play the game it was based off.

Personally I hope some of the others that posted are right about GW just using Ultramarines as the test because this would be a great opportunity to lay out some more fluff for a not so well known Chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liforrevenge View Post
Oh, and the game looks pretty fun, although NO PC VERSION?!?!? WHAT?
i don't even own a PS3 or XBOX. my girlfriend does... maybe I'll buy it for that O.o
Sucks big time that this game is gonna be console only, but there is still the possibility that after release they port it to PC. Lets just hope they don't do what is happening to Modern Warfare 2 and not include dedicated servers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-09, 06:05 AM

CrimsonMizer's Flag is: USA

I've actually heard it's going to be Blood Ravens used for the main chapter in this game.
Which isn't so bad really. I don't have any qualms with any of the SM chapters... Just those bloody eldar...

What the f*** did you put in my sandwich?
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-09, 08:23 AM

Phrazer's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordjerry777 View Post
WHO GIVES A HELL WHAT CHAPTER IT IS I MUST HAVE THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What he said ^^

I dont give a crap what colour their armour is painted, and whatever chapter the choose will only make 1% of people happy, so why not pick the most famous chapter?? You are controling and shooting with a SPACE MARINE!! And if that doesnt float your boat then they now have in place a game engine that works for this franchise... if the game goes well then they are BOUND to expand into other races. I DO agree that its a shame its not on PC as add ons would definatly be easier to produce (DOW anyone?)

Real Men/Women/Aliens/Heretics/Warp Spawned Filth/Big Scary Space Monsters play Battlefleet Gothic... why dont you???

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-10-09, 08:32 PM

Captin Nathaniel's Flag is: USA

Default never visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
although I hate/despise ultramarines, its better than Blood ravens.

I'm sure just like every game these days as well, there will be no good offline multiplayer.

stupid online generation
why do you say that?
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-10-09, 08:36 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalsiege View Post
Well just think of it this way... if GW uses Ultramarines and Orks then it's a great way to bring new life to both while also introducing the Warhammer 40k universe to players who might then be inspired to play the game it was based off.

Personally I hope some of the others that posted are right about GW just using Ultramarines as the test because this would be a great opportunity to lay out some more fluff for a not so well known Chapter.
I agree, though personally im hoping that for the enemies they use some of the lesser used ones such as Dark Eldar or the Night Lords.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-12-09, 10:49 AM

DAvo001's Flag is: United Kingdom

that game looks ACE!
And i dont care what chapter it is, would it be too hard to allow the player to pick.

just a simple menu at the start of the game with a few of the well known chapters. the characters will be new so they could belong to any chapter.

also i hope there will be more than 4 marines, not really a planet retaking force...., and that was just to show the variation of equipment.

black Templars Utopa Crusade of about 12000pts
for when you gota shoop da whoop
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-14-09, 09:14 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Ultramarines and Orks, Relic is so creative. I mean a 3rd person combat game where you play as a supersoldier, i would never have seen that coming.

It'd be nice to see someone other than Spess Mehreens as the 'heroes'. Even CSM would do. Firewarrior was a pretty crap game, but at least you got to see things from another PoV for once.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-14-09, 11:42 AM

ultramarine v2's Flag is: Ireland

the gamee looks awsome i cant wait!!!

but im pretty sick of the whole "hate the ultramarines bandwagon"

it was the smurfs that introduced me to warhammer way bak in 3rd ed.
fair enough other chapters are way cooler (plug) space wolves.
but the smurfs are THE main backbone of 40k wether you like it or not!
being honest how many people here saw spesh marhens and thought hmm i migh play this game?
i agree another chapter may have been "cooler" to hardcore fans but you gotta remember gw is a business! and wanna make money and if lil jimmy plays smurfs and wants his mommy to buy the movie then thats whats going to happen lol.

dont get me wrong sometimes its frustrating that space marines get all the attention,( DE )
but without them, would the game we all love still be around?
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-14-09, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Put it this way, if Edward Cullen (IE: The worst human creation ever) was going to become a space marine, it would be within the Ultramarines.

THAT is how poor they are.

All of this has happened before.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-14-09, 03:20 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Sanguinius View Post
Put it this way, if Edward Cullen (IE: The worst human creation ever) was going to become a space marine, it would be within the Ultramarines.

THAT is how poor they are.
What with the vampirism and all, i suspect he'd more likely be a blood angel

Bit annoyed about the lack of PC support. PC gaming is slowly getting more and more shafted by the year.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode